Chapter 25

'Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday, happy birthday day, happy birthday to you...'

We all sing as the clock strikes twelve.

The Ravena and the Reyes turf are all present here in my condo. Hindi naman kasi kalakihan ang condo ko, kaya eto, sardinas ang labas namin.

The little girl just woke up. Or yeah ginising talaga namin siya. Ang ingay ba naman dito.

The Lolo's and Lola's are so excited to pick her and make wishes for the birthday girl. Looking at how Mimi is so happy, all the happenings back then fades away.

My baby girl is already four, growing up so fast. I was crying while watching the scene in front of me, when someone snakes his hands in my waist and hugs me from my back.

'Iyakin talaga.' He said and kissed the side of my neck.

'Tears of joy yan.' I said and pinalo yung kamay niya.

'How time flies really fast Papa, our baby girl is growing up so fast. Hindi natin namamalayan, may manliligaw na yan.' I said as I change our position. I am now the one back hugging him, and settle my head on his shoulder.

'Naku, naku... dadaan muna yang mga manliligaw kay Papa.' He said, and we both giggle.

We're just here near the kitchen, while the Lolo's and Lola's are busy with their apo. Giving her their first gifts, well, for sure meron pa yang ibang gifts, but later na ulit sa birthday party ni Mimi.

'Ate, look how happy the grannies...' That was Dani, the youngsters are here in the kitchen table. Ayaw paistorbo ng mga Lolo and Lola sa apo eh.

A lite midnight snack lang and they get back to their hotels na rin, just not too far away from the condo, walking distance lang naman din.

Later, we'll be up early, or siguro nga hindi na to sila matutulog. A long two hour drive south of Cebu in a private resort island. Kiefer and I had rented it for Kierra's day.

Some of my friends, Mimi's Ninangs and Ninongs will be arriving from Manila later on, first flight. Some of Kiefer's teammates, past and present will be arriving later on naman, and sunod na lang sila...

The Squad, the Lings and Bhies are also arriving later on. Convoy na kami heading south.

Not a typical kid's party, but more on an outing. Family and friends team building. This time, no parlor games, no clowns or whatsoever, just relax, and enjoy the beauty of the island. Bond, talk, making happy memories with our close ones.

'Pa, wake up na. Get ready na, the van's waiting na. Gising na Papa.' I wake Kiefer up from his sleep, just an hour sleep lang nakuha ko nga kasi my phone's was ringing from time to time. Some of my teammates from La Salle and the coaching staff just arrive, yeah kasama nga si Tatay Coach. So I have to assist them that their van is just waiting in the arrival area.

I never really thought na andami palang ininvite si Kiefer. Yes, the very first time to celebrate Mimi's birthday na no pretentions, happy happy kaming dalawa. And we're very much excited for that.

He also invited my students, yung mga Yaya ni Mimi sa school.

This will gonna be a very much relaxing and exciting birthday for Mimi.

'Oh Ya, dal a na lang ni sa ubos usa. And tell sila Mama kung andun na na settle down na sa mga upuan nila, at alis na tayo.' I instructed Yaya to tell Mama to settle down na sa sasakyan. We'll be heading shortly.

'Ma, paki po nang towel, di ako nakadala.' Kiefer shouted from the bathroom, kung bakit ba kasi di nagdadala.

And when I opened the door to the bathroom, ayon ang Kiefer, in his birthday suit, lesheee.

'Look at you, hindi ka na nahiya.' I said and tinapon sa kanya ang towel.

'Ang ganda naman kasi ng katawan ko Mama, look...' And he flexes his muscle pa kunwari. Haynaku Ravena, pwede bang cover your precious thingy muna? Sobrang nakaka distract!

Sobrang confident niya lang talaga sa body niya. Uhrg!

'Hindi ka na talaga nahiya.' I said and was about to get out the room when he speaks.

'Ma, let's make Mimi's gift na muna. Para later we'll give her our present.' He said, grinning big. Paka naughty nitong lalaking to.

'Gusto mo sapak? Para naman malalaman agad agad. Manahimik ka Kiefer!' I said and lumabas na talaga ng room.

'Magmadali ka na diyan kung ayaw mong maiwan ng sasakyan.' Dugtong ko pa.

Ayown when he came out the bathroom, nagmamadali nang nagbihis, well, I already prepared his clothes na rin naman. Lakas talaga, feeling asawa talaga ang peg.

~~~

'Antagal tagal naman kasi nilang dalawa noh? Grabe...' Pauly said rolling his eyes. Andinto na pala sila.

'Wag ka magulo, ginawa pa naming birthday gift naming for Mimi.' I said proudly, then bam, aray ko beh. Sapak naman inabot ko from my soon to be asawa. Chos!

'Oh ready na ba lahat?' Mika asked as she walked past me. She checked the two vans that was park outside the condo.

All of the people that she's expecting are already inside na.

'Oh sige na, tara na? The ones from the airport, sa may SRP na lang natin tagpuin. Para convoy na.'

'Wow, this is it!' Pauly shouted and entered the van. Si Paulo is sleeping soundly kandong kandong ni Cyd. Si Mimi naman andun sa kabilang van, sa mga grannies niya.

Thea and Thirdy, ayun sa pinaka dulo ng van, with Dani and his friend daw. Yeah right, Dani brought along a friend, and we are eyeing the guy pa nga, sabi nga ni Mika okay lang yan, hindi habang buhay single si Dani. Makinig sa reyna.

And then off we go...

This is gonna be a journey to forever. Chos!

This day, lives will change.

Pero sa totoo lang kinakabahan na ako. Mika's holding my hand pa naman.

'Oh Pa, ang lamig lamig naman ng kamay mo.' She said.

'Ah wala yan, sana Yes, Ma ha...' I said na lang and earned me a taas kilay look from Mika. Di ko na lang pinansin and settle my head in her shoulder.

Sana Lord, umoo naman siya noh.

Utang na loob, umoo naman siya please.

And masasabi ko na talagang...

May forever!

~~~~~~~

Waley update! Hahaha