Chapter Thirty Three- Bonds

"Thank you!" Giselle said as she hugged Emma and bowed to Killian who nodded in return. Robert smiled as he held Giselle at his side. "I owe you so much!"

"You owe me nothing. Aside from a friendship."

Giselle nodded before walking away with her Prince and Emma and Killian moved towards the pothole she came in through. It was then, they saw Nancy and Edward sneaking away. They waited for some time to not ruin their moment as they took in the lights.

"It is strange is it not?"

"What?"

"How you find your self in a cornered world to discover many worlds hidden within?"

"I thought once my world would only be my castle. Or the forced love of another man..."

"And what do you believe now?"

"I believe in us Killian. I do not care if it is not written to be so, or if we are defying the entire world in being together...I-"

"Emma..."

"Have I said something wrong?"

"No. I wished to be the one to say it first..."

She smirked as she pulled him in and kissed her.

"I love you!" He said sweeping her in his arms, spinning her around before setting her down. "I have wanted to say it for months! Possibly a lifetime. And each time we were close, I was scratching to say it. Even when I wanted to scream at you...I wanted to tell you."

"I love you." She said in response before they then took the portal home. Finding their way back to the Enchanted Forest with the help of kind villagers along they way, they were welcomed with open arms.
A night of festivities were taken in Killian's honor for not only bringing Emma home safely, but the others as well; Edward and Nancy who had been present. Pocahontas and John Smith were also there to greet them, apologizing for their selfishness and making good on a bond now strong.

As the night carried on, Killian asked for Emma's private attention in the gardens. As he waited for her, as she was speaking to her mother, he paced back and forth. Nervous to speak to her on this particular term. He suddenly heard a set of steps on the cobblestone path and turned to find her looking stunning behind him.

"You called for me?"

He pulled her into him.

"I did, yes."

She smiled as she saw his eyes set on her.

"Emma, from the first moment I saw you...I knew you were going to annoy me." She gasped before he pulled her closer. "But I have found myself falling for each and every part of you-especially the part that makes me wish I could scream. But I would never not want to hear your voice, as my feelings for you are too strong to ignore any longer. I had asked your father before we left for a request..." Killian revealed a small pouch hidden in his jacket before looking to her. "We have been through hell, through dimensions, and old allies made foes and foes made allies...but I have a feeling it is long from over....but I now as long as I have you at my side...I have the strength of the world's best armies; your love." He opened the pouch and a ring came from it. "Your father gave his blessing, your mother as well when I returned..." He got onto one knee before taking her hand. "I know I am not what you pictured as the man in your life. I have made many mistakes and risked many hearts-including our own...but I cannot imagine a life without you in it. And I do not wish to ever know what it is like. So Emma, the woman of my dreams, my future and partner, my captain....Will you please marry me?"

She nodded as tears moved down her cheeks and Snow could be heard cheering from the balcony overlooking them. They both chuckled before sharing a sweet kiss underneath the stars.

Suddenly the music had stopped.

"We have some unfinished business..." A figure said as he stepped into the light, surrounded by a small army of foes. Pan in charge, Rumple was behind him as the others were covered by the night.

THE END