Chapter Seventeen- Bygones

Killian pulled Emma close to him, away from those who walked ahead and snuck a kiss.

"What was that for?"

"I haven't kissed you yet."

She blushed as Killian was called by the others. he smirked before moving out before she followed shortly behind. As they walked further in the street, Killian glanced to Red as she moved towards Emma. Placing her arm through Emma's, she began to gossip about Killian, allowing the other members of the group to move further ahead. When Emma would notice, she would let her speed with them then distract her with something before Killian was too far ahead to see.

"Why are you trying to distract me?"

"Killian is..."

"Red-you can't lie to me...I can tell." She paused with a sigh before placing her arms on Emma's shoulders. "He's...He's going to see Rumpelstiltskin..."

"What? Why?"

"To save Hercules. To make a deal-"

"He could kill him-"

"He wouldn't. He is more interested in deals than blood."

"What would the deal be?"

"I don't know. He asked me to distract you so he could make it..."

"That explains the kiss..."

"Excuse me? The WHAT?!" Red grew anxious for details as Emma was too focused to answer.

"Where is Rumple?"

"I don't know, only he does-" Suddenly Emma marched ahead.

"Where are you going-"

"I can't let him do this...at least not alone-"

"He isn't alone-"

"Get angry at me for this or whatever Red, but I can't let him do this without telling him how i feel. I know him, he'll do something heroic...or at least try to...Please...don't stop me."

"Your parents-"

"Are terrified for my status of being I'm sure, but right now...someone else needs me, even if he'll never admit it." She pulled away from Red's grasp as she ran down the alleys trying to find them. Searching all in town, eventually escaping Red's gaze and attempt to abort her mission, she rested on a barrel outside of a blacksmith shop. She rested her head against the structure before letting out a sigh.

"Lucky stars, please don't let me lose him...before I have even been able to be with him..." Suddenly, in the distance, she caught a glimpse of someone who wore dark clothes like a pirate. She jumped up and followed the figure through twists and turns underneath the starry sky. But then she lost him. Growing frustrated, she clenched her fists and turned to find a hand to be clasped over her mouth. She recognized the voice that spoke.

"It has been a long time Princess..." He spoke as she held her against the wall, not allowing her to move. She tried to break free but found it useless as he motioned towards the docks through the dark alleys, unseen by anyone. Just before they made it to the docks, she gained her freedom by pushing him into the water, breaking free from his grasp as he lost his footing. Taking her with him, she was able to swim away from him enough to get back on land. She yanked her dress up before moving through the streets, yelling for anyone who would help-but all were terrified of the distress she showed. Suddenly, she found herself locked in a dead end alley with one of Blackbeard's goons. He was dirty from head to toe and had a sick grin on his face that was seen by a small torch lighting the entry to the alley. She was drug away and back towards the ship before being tied to a mast. But she saw Killian emerge towards the water, running his hands through his hair.

"Killian!" She screamed, before being knocked out.