Chapter Ten- Truth on the Water

"You shouldn't worry Miss Swan..." Smee said as he came behind Emma as she looked upon the water-thinking about everything that had happened.

"I know this isn't right to say but...I miss that arrogant smirk of his..."

"Do you love him?"

She turned sharp, glaring at him.

"Of course not! I can't stand him! Everything he does makes me angry. It's just he can wield a sword and-"

"If I am not speaking out of turn Miss Swan...I...I would think you fancy him more than an arrogant pirate-"

"I do not! I can hardly stand him..."

"Yet you wonder deeply about him-if he is alright...missing his smile-"

"I was just being poetic..."

"If you say so..."

As he turned to walk away, she spoke. "Do you think he feels about me?"

"Of course!" Jack said as he turned on his heel to Killian whose hand was upon the railing as he met his gaze with the alcoholic pirate.

"I do not!"

"I knew a couple once-shared the last name with your beloved-"

"She is not-"

"I know of two things in this world; rum and love when I see it." Jack said as he took a large gulp of his drink. "The way you are valiant and protective of her...the way you seek out what is best to make sure she is safe and comfortable-"

"I couldn't care less..."

"I suppose there are three things I know...when someone is lying as well..."

Killian remained quiet before Red moved to his side.

"Who was the other couple? If you don't mind me asking?"

"Ah...the tale of William Turner and Elizabeth Swan...."

"It isn't tragic is it?"

"No. Of all the people I have encountered it is their story that touches me most. He had lost his heart, and now she protects it."

"It sounds more like a legend to me..."

"Have you ever been in love boy?"

"Once..."

"But not the way you are with Emma.." Red added before he turned and glared at her.

"What was her name?' Emma asked as Smee informed her of the same discussion happening betwixt Killian, Jack and Red.

"Milah."

"What happened?"

"She was killed. She was ended by a blade. A cold man's hands clasped around her heart..."

"You spoke as if you knew her..."

"Aye. Everyone who knew her loved her. She was noble and kind and dangerous and-"

"Perfect for him..."

"No. He loved her with the kind of love you feel first-the intense uncontrollable kind."

"What do you mean?"

"Even if you both deny it. He cares about you in a way that is dangerous-pure..."

"Those words sound as if they contradict each other..."

"Miss Swan-"

"Please call me Emma..."

"Emma...our Captain is not a man to claim his faults. In fact, if he were to, he would be on his deathbed and even then I do not think he would speak of him. But he is incapable of hiding his emotions. He feels sadness we see it, anger, we feel it...and love...we can marvel at it..."

"But...he is so stubborn-"

"Perhaps it is because of what you do not remember.."

"What?"

"Do you not remember Agrabah?"

"What about it?" Suddenly she blushed and turned from him.

"You do remember..." She turned as she was riddled with guilt. A small nod began as she closed her eyes for a second only to open them and find him smirking.

"Why are you smiling that way?"

"You do care for him..."

"He cannot know that I remember-"

"Why would you lie?"

"My parents are Snow White and Prince Charming. Even though they want me to find true love, it should be with someone..."

"Noble..."

"Who is able to listen-at least."

"Forgive me if this is too far but...was your mother not a fugitive when your father and her met. The story heard throughout each kingdom as hope of unpredictable love?" Emma remained quiet as she knew she could not argue. "I have seen my dear friend and captain love only one woman...and that woman is standing before me..."

"What of Milah?"

"He admired her...but when it is love...true love...it is unable to be hidden. The difference between love and true love is this; love is when you want to be with someone all the time, no matter the consequences. True love is when you want the other person's happiness before your own..."

"Then why did he leave me to be caught by John Smith?"

"He is planning on coming for you."

"He is?"

Smee nodded. "But remember...he is doing it to protect you....he wants your happiness and believes you find it farthest from him."

"Then why the attempt to save me?"

"Because he is still a good man. Even if his heart must break once more to subtly prove it."

Before another word could be spoken, a loud blast occured. Looking over the railing, they took the telescope on the barrel beside him and peered towards the distance.

"Abort!" Smee yelled as a cannot ball blew a hole in the side of the ship, sending everyone aboard in the water.

Emma scurried to a plank to find a helping hand lead her up.

"Thank you!" But before she could enjoy the moment, she found it to be blackbeard's hand as she met with his stone cold gaze and infamous feature.