Chapter Thirteen- Damned

"How much is his life worth to you?" Pain asked as Panic stood beside him. Emma awoke with a jolt to find her entire body trembling. She moved to the balcony that overlooked the city before finding Hercules staring at the stars as he lingered at the fountain. She made her way to him before he jumped up and greeted her with a polite smile.

"You seem very...unfit for that man."

"Pardon?"

"You seem opposite-I mean no assault."

"I understand. Truth is...we are. But he has saved my life more than I would like to admit."

"I can see he cares for you..."

"Can I ask you something?"

Hercules nodded.

"Why is it when two people care so deeply, it is unseen by those who feel it to each other?"

"I can only answer from experience. But I believe one fears in rejection as the other fears of the possibility of being alone. If they both do not feel that..." Hercules rose and looked past Emma as she turned and saw Killian.

"I will leave you two. I hope you remain in town, but if not...it was a pleasure meeting both of you."

Killian bowed as Hercules left, leaving them alone.

"I think you have seen at least a quarter of the world by now..."

"The ocean...maybe..." He smirked. "It is only a matter of time until we are discovered..."

"I have realized that...I choose not to."

"Why did you come after me? Why not leave me? I thought you had until Smee explained it. If not for him, I would have scratched my own finger tips to nubs trying to get out-not having a hope..."

"It was not the right thing-"

"He said you would say such a thing..."

"What? You spoke to him on my speech?"

"I expressed my worry for you-how you were on the same ship as that horrid explorer-John..."

"And you were Blackbeard's prisoner. He leaves no witness, nor survivors. I was only doing what a pirate should-"

"I thought a pirate was only good at running and stealing..."

He turned from her.

"I did not mean to offend you."

"Since when do you care if you do?"

She scoffed in anger before he moved and pulled her back. Suddenly he pulled her too quick and she crashed against his chest. Her leg was exposed from the spin, causing it to rest against the outside of his leg. She leaned in to kiss by he pulled away.

"I thought it was what you wished."

"To kiss YOU? Someone so spoiled rotten they don't know the meaning of selflessness?"

"Why are you being like this?"

"It's better to be alone..."

"What do you mean?"

"Nobody can hurt you then."

"Killian this isn't you-"

"You don't know me! Maybe I did kill the King...maybe your father's next!" Her hand met with his cheek as she ran from him, fighting off tears which landed her leaning against the wall of an inn. When she moved her hands, she saw the little blue creature underneath her.

"What makes you sad?"

"I can't trust something like you?"

"Is it that pirate? I hear things about pirates...Gladiators are more..."

"Reliable...." The other little creature emerged as she agreed.

"Please. I must go."

"Stay. Have a drink."

"No."

"We won't leave you...In fact, we wish to help you."

"How?"

"We can take that pain you feel away..."

"I don't..I don't know..."

"It won't hurt I promise."

The little blue guy showed a bottle of liquid that was similar to molasses. Only it was a light blue in color. She looked back to Killian before looking to the bottle.

"What will it do?"

"Take you from this place. To a place of......warmth."

The other one giggled as he spoke with clever adjectives.

"It is a horrid thing to feel unloved...Isn't it?"

She nodded as tears and the feeling of being alone overclouded her cleverness.

"If you just drink it, it will all go away-I promise."

Killian discovered her just as she drank the vial, sending her to become hazy. Suddenly her throat felt as if it was tight as she looked to the two.

"You tricked me."

"We did not lie-you will be somewhere warm."

Killian rushed to her but it had been too late, her limbs ceased movement and only her eyes were able to move as her lips had trouble speaking.

"Save me...."

"I will find you....Always Emma..." Suddenly she fell with no breath, her arm fell to her side and Killian rose with tears in his eyes.

Emma's eyes awoke to find a figure whose hair was replaced with a blue flame.

"It's a small underworld after all..."

Killian moved about the streets, searching for the creatures and turned to find Hercules at his side.

"What troubles you?"

"The woman I admire was just killed...there must be someway-"

His gaze dropped. "Was it Pain and Panic?"

He nodded. "they convinced her to take something." Killian exposed the bottle as Hercules took it.

"The same thing they tried to give me..."

"But if this was to take away your immortality...what did it do to her?"

"took away her life..."

"There must be a way! Please! I would never beg if it was anyone else..."

"I can help you...but you won't like how..."

"What must I do? I'll do anything? I was such a fool to her and I need to save her...then I will leave her be, cause her no more pain."

"You must go to the underworld..."