Chapter Twenty Four- Loose Ends

Emma entered the prison with a sweet expression to the guards who let her through without worry. Making it to Robin's cell, he turned to her then scoffed before turning away.

"I know I am the last person you wish to see."

"Understatement your majesty..."

"I am here to help you..."

"I doubt that. Don't you think you've done enough Princess?"

"I am here on behalf of Regina. You can understand why she can't be here at the moment, but I am taking you to see her."

"How do you plan to do that? There are fifty guards from here to the outside."

"When I get you free, I walk you as requested by my father. I have the information here...I learned how to mimic his signature quite young as he asked me sign things for him..."

"Why are you helping me exactly? It can't be your suddenly good heart."

"I never meant for any of this. I thought you were taking something from us...and-"

"Trying to assassinate your father. I know. I remember being thrown on the ground and breaking my nose from the charges against me. But I don't trust you."

"We thought this might happen..." Emma took a mirror from her side before handing it to him. As he wouldn't take it, she held it as Regina appeared. He leaped towards it and grabbed it.

"Regina!"

"I know it is odd Robin, but I will explain everything later. We have limited time to help you. You must listen to her!" Suddenly her image disappeared and he was left in Emma's presence.

"Fine. What is your plan?"

"First, we need to get you out of here. I am going to see the warden about my father's demand. Then take you outside where Regina is waiting to transport us. Then we will go to my kingdom and I will admit your innocence and my wrong."

"Why not until now?"

"Everything will be explained...please...there is limited time!"

"Fine. Hurry then."

As explained, Emma ran to the Warden's chambers and showed him the signature before he granted the key and opened the door as he motioned for them to leave. She explained how she had guards waiting outside and he left them to leave alone. Something they didn't fully expect as Regina was waiting outside, shielding herself by guards who moved about.

Regina began to place her hands in the air as looked to Emma with gratitude before shifting them to the castle. Just as they entered, Red motioned quick to Emma.

"Pocahontas is with John now. Emma...they are going to hang Killian..."

Emma rushed down to the dungeon to find his cell open.

"Where...where...where are they?" Emma stuttered as she looked to Red with desperation.

"They must know you weren't planning on going through with it...."

"What about the plant?"

"I still don't know who placed it there...but I found out that the root automatically hydrates..so it isn't someone who keeps watering it. I watched for hours until I saw it grow greener...I got rid of it...but I'm scared the effects were given so long..."

"What about Pocahontas."

"I explained the situation and she was surprisingly understanding. She is trying to convince him to leave with her..."

"What about-" Emma's question was disturbed by Charming moving to Robin.

"Why is he here?"

"What flower?" Regina asked Red, who then filled her in.

"Father...listen-"

"I am done with your childish nonsense. You want anything mature to discuss...I will be waiting."

Regina lifted her fingers before suddenly Charming looked immensely confused.

"Robin? Emma? What's going on?"

"Dad!"

"You're safe! I don't remember what happened."

"Expected."

Charming pulled Emma behind him upon seeing Regina.

"Dad, she helped us....but we need to help Killian-"

"Who?"

"I'll explain later...."

They moved to the middle of town to find every villager anxiously awaiting Killian's hanging as he stood with his hands tied in front of Snow who was talking with the executioner.

"Stop this nonsense!" Charming said to Snow as she glared to him.

"I thought we agreed together-"

"This man is a hero not a villain. He saved our daughter as is being framed for something he did not do. Just as you were not so long ago." He looked to Regina who looked away with an unsubtle sigh and rolling of the eyes. "He does not deserve death."

"And you will say Robin is a hero as well?"

"Yes. He did not deserve what he has had to endure. Being ripped away from his loved one. Regina has even helped our daughter, yet, you do not! Snap out of it Snow!" Suddenly she looked to the executioner, which he took as a nod, causing Killian to be hung. Regina froze him but it was too late. He fell to the ground with the rope having snapped from the fall. Emma rushed to him.

"He's still breathing!"

"Not for long I bet...." Charming said as he placed his hand over his mouth.

"There must be something-"

"Emma..." Regina shook her head.

"Please Regina! Something! ANYTHING!"

"Do you trust me? You have to or it won't work."

Emma nodded as tears poured down her cheeks.

Regina reached into Emma's chest and pulled her heart from her body. Hearing it beat with the purity of being the product of true love, Emma watched anxiously before gripping onto Killian's hand as the pain of having it torn in half was excruciating.

"Please." Emma begged as Regina hesitated from her pain. Emma gritted her teeth before feeling the pain cease and her chest feel tight. That was before Regina placed the heart then in Killian's chest. For several moments, nothing happened as all the villagers watched on. Snow was in tears as Charming held her close. Emma gripped his hand and tried to resist the tears that were streaming down her cheeks. Just as Pocahontas and John emerged within the crowd, their fingers entangled.

"I"m sorry Emma..." Regina said suddenly as Emma clutched her chest and Killian awoke.

"Now you can't leave me...we're bound." She teased as he pulled her down to him and kissed her. The village erupted with applause.