Chapter Four- Sympathy for the Devil

Coming up from the dive, Killian found her arm and pulled her towards the land. Moving to ground, he took little time in gaining breath as to she was nearly dead just from the adrenaline itself.

"How can you keep moving so quickly?"

"As a pirate, you learn to do two things; steal and run."

She smirked before he picked up her arm and they moved towards the city. Realizing his ship was on the opposite side of down with all the commotion, he knew they had to find a stealthy way to get there as she was the princess and he was a vigilante.

Finding clothes from a vendor on the street, he distracted her by throwing a stone before stealing a cape and a few pieces of fabric before darting around the corner, in the entry of a currently closed bar.

"You have to change quickly. Your parents will send someone after you-" She suddenly realized he knew her secret-the one she tried to keep hidden in desperation he would not desire her for her status. But she did what was requested and emerged in a wench's clothes. Since he was not seen as a threat, he kept his on before then giving her the cape as they moved through the town, him moving in front of her to be sure of a safe travel. Moving past the castle to get to the docks, they saw how guards were asking everyone if they had seen the princess. They realized they would have to find another way. Moving back, they moved through the allies to find scenes of lust and greed as exchanges of all favors were seen; something she had never witnessed. He pulled her through the crowd before finding her to be distracted. Eventually, they came out on the far side of the docks to find Smee being questioned by a royal guard. As practiced if ever arisen, Smee told them how their captain was missing and they did not know his name or features. The guard then dismissed Smee just as Killian came into the picture.

"Captain..."

"Smee...This is Swan...we must go."

"With her?"

"Yes...If we do not...they will kill her."

"Oliver said something...didn't he?"

Killian nodded before moving to the ship and using his sword to cut the ropes that tied the ship still. Being the last aboard,he found how the men stared at Emma.

"She is a girl...not a monster..." He said as he turned shaking his head.

"We have never seen one...so...

"Clean."

"Up close."

"Pretty."

Each man had a different description of her as they moved closer to her. Killian quickly moved in front of her.

"I am only having her aboard until we figure a healthy ransom."

She glared at him as he acted to ignore it.

"Then we will return her but NOBODY is to touch her or even look at her. Understood?"

"Aye." They said in unison as they turned and he moved to his chambers as the harsh waves crashed against the side of the ship. Unknowing to him at the moment, she had followed him in as he attempted to remove his vest before she cleared her throat. He turned to return a glare she was already giving.

"Ransom? You said I could trust you!"

"It is better you be held for ransom then for dead."

"Why is it you need the money? I see you have plenty of gold."

"Not all ransom is for money Princess." He spoke her adjective as if upset.

"Is this because I was not honest about who I was?"