Chapter Nine- Unlikely Alliances

Killian rushed back to camp and waited as everyone fell asleep before moving towards Pocahontas.

"Can you help me?" He asked her as he explained his ordeal and nodded. "But I offered to help John...you must take the same ship-"

"What? No..."

"He believes you dead pirate...if you go on the ship first and hide...I can send him on his way and you can go after your love-"

"I don't love-" She glared at him. "Thank you."

"Take this..." She said as she handed him a small dagger. "I could not help but notice your blade on your hip but this one may save your life due to it being unexpected..."

So as requested, he moved about the ship given before hearing John enter as well. Hiding himself behind sacks of grain, he was able to hear their discussion.

"I thought you did not wish to leave..." The huntsman asked him as he moved to the railing and looked at the water.

"I intend to return...but for now...I am going to collect on the reward the King is offering..."

"And what of that pirate?"

"He never showed which tells me he either died or didn't care for her..."

"What if he was on the ship with her?"

Suddenly the sound of a dagger in the wood made Killian try to see the events as they unfolded.

"I am surprised that is all...the fact Pocahontas had an allegiance to the Princess, yet helped you..."

He paused. "I'm sorry-"

"No...you are right....it is odd..." He stopped and moved towards the captain's quarters before tearing open the door to find it empty. Killian kept his hiding spot as he was overlapped with the sacks, making it difficult to breathe and important to remain still. A small slot showed him the gaze to the outside. For most of the journey, they had spoken of finding Killian and the reward, but towards the end, as night fell, Killian found himself on land. The ship had docked for the night as they moved about the village gaining entertainment and food. He had been surprised Neverland had been so close to another land formation.

He snuck his way onto the shore before taking Emma's advice and changing his clothes to blend in. Leaving his corsair costume behind a tavern, he kept his distance from the men before trying to find another transportation. When he moved about, he was pulled back by an arm. Surprised, he placed the dagger against the hooded figure's throat before finding it to be a girl.

"I am trying to help you!"

"Help me?"

"The Princess-"

"What about her..."

"She is more valuable than the most expensive piece of gold..."

He looked at her with confusion.

"I have been following you...to make sure she had been safe."

"Why did you not help at Neverland?" She scowled with confusion.

"Neverland?"

"The island we had left."

"That was not Neverland-"

"I could have sworn..."

"No. That island is similar in appearance...But I was not in my normal form at the island..."

"What does that mean?"

Her eyes glistened in a way only one creature could allow.

"They exist."

"Indeed. I do not wish to have an award, only to show her safety-but I lost her and followed you by mistake-thinking that man had her..."

"What are we to do?"

"I know someone who can help us..." she pushed her way into a tavern before moving to a man towards the other end of the bar as Killian stayed at front-making sure John and his men were not in sight.

"Red!" A voice exclaimed as the man turned with an obviously intoxicated motion towards her. He kissed her quickly as she pushed him away. "We need your help..." She motioned for Killian to get the door before the man fell on his face outside. Red moved across the street and snatched a bucket of water before throwing it onto him. He moved to his feet before placing his hat upon his head.

"What are you doing Red?"

"We need your help...."

"I heard you the first time." He said rolling his eyes. "Who is this?"

"Killian-Captain Killian Jones." He was surprised she knew, but understood how as she had been following them. "This is-"

"I need no introduction. What is it you need?"

"Transportation. There is a lot in it for you if you help."

"Like?"

"Rum...all the rum you can imagine..."

"I'm listening..." He said as he moved slowly towards her.

"We must leave now though."

"Now? It is late..."

"We have already lost too much time. We must go towards the enchanted forest."

Suddenly guards standing at the side of a building noticed the man talking to Red and Killian and moved towards him.

"Yes, we should leave now..." He said as he ran towards the ship, followed by Killian and Red as they came aboard and began to sail away. The man perched his way on the railing, looking to the men with great achievement. "This is the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow!"