Chapter Two- Curiosity and the Princess

Emma followed the mysterious man until coming around a corner and losing him. Suddenly she felt a cold blade against her neck and the heavy breathing against her ear.

"Why are you following me?"

"I thought you were the one following me..."

"Have you ever learned about danger?"

"I don't find you dangerous." He smirked.

"Not even now?"

"You would have done it by now if you were going to kill me."

"Why would you think I was following you?" He asked as he retracted the blade upon hearing footsteps pass them from behind.

"I saw you three times within an hour. The tower....when you kicked the barrel and the food went everywhere....and at the fountain. I thought you were-"

"Don't flatter yourself." He said as he was unable to show kindness as he would have dropped to his knees and poured his heart out if he was being honest.

"Do you know who I am?"

"I do not care. I came here to sell something."

"Is that what's at your side?"

"No."

"I see nothing else..."

"Why do you test me? Do you think I won't harm you?"

"I told you, you would have done it already..." She began to walk ahead of him, moving towards the docks. He caught up behind her as he loathed an unfinished conversation-or at least one where he didn't speak the last word.

"How do you know I'm not going to kidnap you?"

"I doubt you would. It is broad daylight and witnesses would gladly turn you in."

"Why? Are you someone of importance."

It was that moment, she realized he didn't know who she was. Even despite seeing her in the tower. Perhaps it was due to the distance so far away. But she favored that he did not know.

"Just a friend to all." She said as she continued walking ahead, making him follow her.

"Where are you going?"

"I...work at the castle. For the Princess."

He rolled his eyes.

"What?"

"I loathe the rich."

"What for? What have they done to you?"

"They are all the same. They think they own everything and everyone. They think they can bark a command and it is done."

"We do not! They do not!" She quickly corrected. A slip he missed as he was focused on his crew loading his ship with gold coins. "What is it YOU do? Mister?"

"Jones. And it just so happens love, that I work on the seas."

"A pirate." She mocked him by giving him a salute.

"I am-"

"You literally scream pirate between your greasy hair and dirty fingers and you wreak of rum."

"And you...You wreak of money." Her brow arched.

"I told you-"

"I know what you told me. I have ears-two in fact." She scowled. "But I have a feeling you still come from money. Your clothes how they're clean, how you smell like a flower entirely, and you look as if you have never stressed about anything not even the weather."

"Why should I?"

"Not all of us have cover-especially pirates."

"You do not scare me Mr Jones. In fact, you are the least terrifying person I have ever met."

"Why do I not intimidate you?"

"Because you speak to me without wanting anything. If you are a pirate, you are an awful one as you haven't tried to loot me or find out where I live to take anything."

"Not all pirates are thieves."

"Can you honestly tell me you've never stolen anything."

"I said not all, I never said not me. I have better things to do than argue with an adolescent."

"Quite a vocabulary for just a pirate." He glared. "Good day Miss..."

"Swan."

"Good day Miss Swan...hopefully you do not run into any true pirates..." He mocked her by bowing as she moved back into the castle, aggravated. Her attitude seen by Snow, she followed her to her room.

"What is it my dear?"

"I met the most dreadful man. He was so arrogant and conceited....He made my heart feel as if it was going to burst and stop at one instant. Then my palms got damp and my..."

"Sweetheart..."

"Oh my...No...I cannot like him."

"Why not?"

"He's..." She moved to her window, looking below and seeing the pirate ship at the dock. "He's rude. And he's-"

"My darling, I hit your father over the head with a rock. I was rude one and we could not be happier today...."

"But he infuriates me. He gets under my skin and makes me want to scream."

"And yet you smirk when you talk of him..."

"I do not!"

"Look at you reflection. If you do not smirk, then you blush."

She moved to the vanity after Snow left to see the fact had been true. Her usual pale cheeks were colored when thinking or speaking of him.

"Captain?" Smee asked as Killian moved his way aboard. "I was thinking since-" Killian's mind was anywhere but his mate's words. In fact, they were only on her. The way her nose crinkled when she glared and the way her lips pursed together when she would be told off. He smirked at the moment. But his fantasy was shot by Smee's continued speech; "So if we leave-"

"We are not leaving...I have an idea...."

"What is it Captain?"

"She wants a pirate...I'll show her one..." He said to himself.

"Sir?"

"We are going to take it."

"The ship?"

"Everything we can grab." Suddenly everyone cheered. Such a noise she heard from her tower. She scowled down at them as he looked up and she hid at her wall a she remembered he hadn't known her identity and she desire to keep it that way.

"Your shoes have arrived for the ball tonight..." A servant said as she set a beautiful pair of slippers on Emma's bed. Placing that with the shoes given to her by her mother, she decided to place her mind on more important things....or at least try to...