Chapter Thirty Two- The Ball

Giselle took Morgan away for the day to beautify for the ball, although Morgan used her father's credit card to do so, Giselle went along-unaware on what exactly a credit card was. They got manicures and pedicures, went to the hair salon, and went shopping for each item of her dressing from her hair pins to her stockings and everything in between. Recently reunited with her own prince, Giselle thought of her night with him, as they agreed to stay in New York and not return home until the ball was over. It was an excuse Giselle made everyone believe to be for fear of missing a ball, when in actuality, she wanted to see Robert just one last time.

Emma and Killian also arrived at the ball, arm and arm as this was their final night in New York. Having soaked up each New York experience from the Statue of Liberty to a street vendor hotdog, they were anxious to attend a custom they were familiar with. Emma began to feel ease as she felt as if her instinct was wrong-at least just this once. She danced with her prince until the announcer moved to the microphone.

"Now it is that time of the night where you dance with someone other than that special someone you came with." He spoke as he waited for the partners to pair up. Nancy and Giselle's Prince paired off, keeping their eyes on those whom they believed their hearts belonged to as Giselle and Robert paired off. Emma and Killian lingered upon the steps, watching the couples dancing. When Giselle and Robert's dance ended, Giselle parted ways with him and left up the stairs with her Prince. Edward went to retrieve her coat, leaving her vulnerable to someone who emerged from the shadows.

"You!" Giselle said as she moved backwards. "You...you sent me here..." Tears filled her eyes.

"Yes child. Have you not found it of-"

"It is awful! Everyone is so cruel..except.." Her gaze moved to Robert as it then became sad as he was with Nancy.

"You love someone who is already spoken for?"

She did not speak, but her body language did the talking for her.

"I can make that heartbreak cease right this moment..."

"How?"

"Take one bite of this...Just one..but it must be before midnight...or the magic to do so...it will not work...Go on...taste it..." She said as she reached her hand out and offered Giselle the fruit as she looked to Robert than at the fruit. Holding it with both hands she brought it to her lips before taking a bite, having it fall out of her hand as he body fell motionless onto the ground, having it go through each dancer's step and landing at Robert's feet.

Feeling the object, he picked it up before looking up and seeing the witch reveal herself before opening up the elevator with her magic. Placing Giselle on the floor, she went to leave before a sword stopped her exit.

"Edward? Edward!" She changed from surprised to excited before he saw Giselle upon the floor. "Oh, do not mind her. She is just in need of fresh air."

"She looks pale..." He placed her upon the nearby chair as those who also attended the ball's eyes were on them. Killian and Emma motioned but were frozen by Cora before a sword moved to her throat.

"I apologize Edward, but your mother has been deceptive to you. She has tried to poison the poor girl since she pushed her into the well to here...I had a slight part but never went through onto it...I feel guilty as that poor chipmunk had no part-"

"Pip?"

"Yes it is a long story your majesty...but I fear you have only until midnight to wake her."

"A minute!" Someone in the crowd yelled as Edward positioned himself slightly above Giselle and kissed her. Upon pulling back and expecting her to wake, he grew anxious and kissed her several other times as the clock began to chime.

"You will never save her now!" Cora said as her eyes moved to Robert.

"True loves kiss..." He said as he was close to Giselle.

"It cannot be-"

"Please...if she were to wake..." Edward said as he moved back.

"She doesn't love me, she loves you-"

"It's okay Robert." Nancy said as her gaze moved to Edward. "Kiss her Robert."

And with the final strike, he placed his lips onto hers. Upon pulling away, he looked at her with desperation before suddenly she came alive with breath.

"I knew it was you!" She said as they kissed once more and the crowd cheered.

"How sweet!" Cora suddenly took the weapon and used it to shield herself against those motioning towards her. "Everyone, back up!" She scolded as she took the center of the floor. Her body transformed into a dragon before everyone's eyes.

"If you want her, you'll have to go through me!" Robert said as she stood before Giselle.

"I'm flexible...' She said as she snatched Robert and kept him in her grasp as Giselle followed after the dragon who began climbing the building.

"It seems we have a twist in our tale...the Princess has come to the rescue....that must make you the damsel, huh handsome?" She asked herself before Nathaniel moved towards Emma, noting their condition and using his magic to assist them to unfreeze. Filling them in, he apologized before they followed the scene.

Emma used her magic to try to knock the dragon down, but missed due to the rain and the quickness of Cora.

"Bye bye Prince...." Cora said as she dangled him over the city streets. Due to the weight of her dragon form, she was breaking the structure as she began to slip. Robert was falling towards the street below as Giselle used her sword to help him dangle. She rushed towards him just as he fell, although Pip tried to help, as Giselle reached to catch him but fell with him. They slid down the building as Emma used her magic to help stop them.

"Is this a habit of yours? Falling off of stuff?"

"Only if you're around to catch me." He said with a smirk before Robert placed his hand upon her cheek and kissed her. A kiss that could have frozen time from its purity.

Emma and Killian watched below in the rain as he threw his arm around her shoulders. "I suppose your intuition was right."

"As it was, I desire so deeply to go home. I miss mother and father so terribly-"

"Yes. Please love." He teased.