Chapter Fifteen- Confession of a Pirate

"Are you asleep?" Emma asked as she found it impossible to close her eyes.

"No."

"What are we going to do?"

"I do not know." He paused. "I am sure someone will look for you..." She could see through the bars as she rose how he was looking at the small window to the stars.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Why he would sacrifice himself for us-for...us..."

"He was a hero, born and bred I suppose..."

"And I am worthless of such a gift...Since I have met you, I have been raged with guilt." She glared at him. She grew angry at him but he moved to the cage as he saw her attitude. "I have been given so many things I do not deserve including your company. You are beyond annoying Swan, but you are the most devoted person I have ever met. You have stopped at nothing to help me and I can't apologize enough for what I had said-I did not mean it. I was angry and pushing you away..."

"Why are you telling me this now? If you pushed me away for so long?"

"Because I thought you died in my arms before I got a chance to be honest."

He reached through the grate and snatched her hand.

"I am weak against you, weak without you, strong to know if you feel the same."

"Killian...What do you mean?"

"My heart was taken with you the first moment I saw you. I fought it from the minute I spoke to you because I knew you would be trouble. I deceived myself in thinking I could lie about it..."

"Are you-"

"Emma...my heart is yours..." A tear moved down his cheek before the gate to the dungeon opened and she released his hand. Suddenly a man dressed in black moved to Killian's door.

"You're up first."

"For what?" Emma asked as tears had filled her eyes from his confession.

"To be executed..."

"No! Please! Take me instead!"

"You are to be ransomed...one piece at a time." He teased as he chuckled. Killian was pulled away through a door as Emma screamed for him, reaching out through the gate-scratching her arms of the bronze gate. She threw her fists against it before falling at her knees with tears set deep in her eyes.

Day broke as Emma was awoke with the sound of something hitting the stony structure outside. Moving from her uncomfortable slumber, she rubbed the back of her neck before using the cot to step up and see out the window to see Red below.

"Thank God!"

"Shhhh! I'm going to come up!"

"How?" She smiled before climbing up the rocks and making it to the window to Emma's side.

"How are you here?" Emma asked as Red threw herself in the window, landing in Emma's cell.

"After you two ditched me in Thebes, I ran into Meg and she told me everything. Hercules didn't intend on returning."

"I know, but why?"

"I do not know. She expressed how when you love someone, you wish to give them what they want-he wanted his name to mean something."

"After we get Killian-"

"You want to save him?"

"He saved me-"

"He also led you to nearly kill yourself because of how heartbroken you were. I am taking you home."

"Red. I have spent my entire life following their rules. I hadn't minded until now. I care about him in a way I never have before...in a way that makes me brake every moral I have created for myself. I do not care if anybody tries to stop me-I am asking for your help but without it, it will take longer."

"What is it about bad boys?"

Red assisted on helping Emma escape as they moved to the town square to find Killian aboard a plank to be hung. He stood in a line of eight men, most who were crying or holding crosses that hung from their necks. But not Killian, he looked to the ground and as Emma arrived, then, looked at her. when he saw her, his eyes then filled with tears.

"Look away." He told her as he mouthed the words, but her gaze did not break.

"And now, what you are all waiting for..." Regina said as she moved to the side and motioned to her executioner who pulled the lever.

Emma's breath hitched before she heard the boots of the men hit the ground. She turned to find Meg, Jack, and Mulan standing behind her.

"Do you think we would not have helped?"