Chapter Twelve- Thebes

Killian used all of his weight to break through the back door, leading to a place full of heat. Those who wondered around were dressed in long white cloths. Emma was taken by the statue of the man that sat in the center. She moved closer to it to find a woman snatch her hand.

"Are you coming to the games?"

"Games?"

"To see the great warrior?"

Emma looked back to Killian before nodding. Killian quickly caught up with her as Jack agreed to meet up with them later.

"What are you doing?"

"If we keep walking around these places looking like tourists-it will draw attention."

"We could also be luring ourselves into a trap..."

"I doubt it with this...everyone seems to be going in the same direction..." She turned from him, annoyed he made no romantic gesture towards her upon reuniting with her. Sitting on the stone steps of the dome which surrounded dirt, everyone whispered of a single name; Hercules. After what felt like an eternity underneath the sun, horns sounded and a man stood in a balcony across the way.

"Welcome one and all to our glorious town of Thebes!" The crowd erupted, wine was thrown in the air along with food. "We have been blessed by the Gods to be in such a great weather as well as company." He looked down to a woman at his side before looking back to the crowd. "As you have all been waiting for..here is...Hercules...." The crowd grew wild as a man emerged built like a statue. His body did not show a single flaw, yet, he appeared timid-not like the other warriors expected. The man took to the dirt with shy movements before his opponent was released from underneath a cage that gradually moved from the ground by two men.

"Demonicus!" The crowd booed the creature that stood at least two feet over the nervous hero. Upon seeing the beast, he swallowed hard before raising his weapon and finding his own terrified expression looking back at him. He took the moment to look for his strength as he closed his eyes to find silence in the crowd. When he opened his eyes, his hand gripped the weapon and attacked the beast, destroying it within seconds. The crowd erupted with cheer as he stood before them all, having women rush towards him. But his gaze was caught only by one. A woman with long red hair in a purple dress. She hurried about the crowd as he followed. Something seen by Emma and Killian. Full of suspicion, they followed as they saw the romantic moment.

Hercules sat upon the fountain before reaching at a bush beside him and picking a flower and handing it to her. Trying to appear uninterested at first, it became obvious that the kind gesture touched her as she brought the petals to her nose in one whiff and exhaled almost sinfully. In such a way that made Hercules not able to tear his eyes from her.

"They call you the strongest of them all you know? A son of the Gods..."

He blushed before shaking his head. "I can't explain it. It's...it is almost like a possession..."

"You are quite alluring with such...perseverance..." She kissed his cheek as she gently pulled back and moved slowly in for a kiss. Suddenly Emma's hand slid against the archway and nearly fell to the ground, being caught by Killian and pulled back up but heard by the duo. Hercules drew his blade as he placed the woman behind him.

"Meg, stay back." He said as he kept her protected.

"We wish you no harm." Killian said as he was still drenched in blood from his battle of Blackbeard's men. A more obvious sight when seen up close.

"Then why are you dressed in blood?"

"Men attacked us. We are severely lost."

"I was kidnapped by a pirate and held here. I have known only one place my entire life. We only wish for a way to leave."

Hercules looked back at Meg before looking back to them, placing his sword back at his side.

"My apologies. But you do not have to go. There will be a celebration tonight in my honor. Would you join us?"

"Are you sure? You hardly-"

"Yes." Killian interrupted as she glared to him.

"Swell. Before then, we will get you changed..."

And just as they had in Agrabah, they were separated and brought back together in their new garb. Kilian was taken away by Emma's new clothing. Falling loose upon her body, he saw her as an angel. But before the festivities of the night could commence, a roaring of the ground was heard throughout the city as Emma and Killian followed. A small creature blue, and one a faded red emerged from the crack before turning to find Hercules.

"The last time I saw you two, you tried to kidnap me..." Hercules said with his arms crossed.

"We have only come to join the celebration."

"To honor you." The blue one said as he looked to the other couple. "And you are?" he asked as if he was interested in Emma. She moved back as Killian stepped before her.

"Protected." He answered in her place as the figure moved away.

"What is it you truly want?' Hercules asked as he moved closer to them, moving them up against a rock. Feeding him lines of lies, he took them by their necks, and brought them against the rock.

"We have only come to see if you still wield the strength after all this time." One of them finally said as he dropped him.

"And that is all?"

"Would we lie to you?"

"Scram!" He forcefully shouted as the two being scurried along the way. Emma moved towards him.

"Who were they?"

"What were they?" Killian murmured.

"Pain and Panic. Two of my past...enemies..."

"You against them?"

"Against Hades. He tried to make me human by sending them to give me a potion to make me so..." He stopped. "Although the fame and glory remains, I never feel confident in that place..." He spoke before anyone could continue. "But now is not a time for the harsher parts of life that remain history...let us celebrate!"