DATE

We ate together the food that Hisagi have prepared. It looked and taste delicious. Where did he buy it?

We chatted and laughed together. Such a joyous moment. When the clock strikes 11, it's time to go home.

"Thanks for today, I loved it."
I smiled at him.

"No problem, anything for my fiancé."
He smiled sweetly.

Now that he said it, I blushed deep red.

Fiancé...

That word came out of his mouth. I feel excited, embarrassed, and happy at the same time as he said that.

He took me home, I thanked him again and he left. Going inside the house, I was grinning widely, thinking about tonight's events with Hisagi.

He might look like a hard-stoic person. But in reality, he's so gentle and sweet.

The lamp suddenly flickered on by no other than Gin. Sitting in the sofa, reading a book. He doesn't seem to like the idea of my date today with Hisagi.

But he didn't say anything and went inside his room. Like usual, Gin is hard to read. I sighed and went inside my room. I just changed and didn't take a shower. It's in the middle of the night and it's cold.

I slipped under my fuuton feeling happy. Can't stop grinning until I finally fell asleep.

__________________________

👉 6 months later 👈

"Kira, please deliver this to squad 6's captain."
I smiled at him, handing a huge pile of paper.

"Sure."
And he went outside.

It's noon and I just finished all the works. Today's paperwork is 100× than yesterday's. I can't believe Kira could manage those paperworks by himself before I became his captain. That dude works a lot.

Strange.... someone's here... in the seireitei. But it's not a normal soul or even a shinigami. Almost feel like... a quincy?

I ignored those silly thoughts of mine.

I was walking around the garden of my squad as the alarm goes off.

"Intruder alert! Intruder alert!
All captains please attend the meeting at Captain Commander's office."

And it repeated itself three times before it actually stopped.

I ran to the old man's office to find out I'm the first one to arrive. I waited for two minutes before everyone is finally here.

"There is an intruder? But I can't feel their spiritual preassure."
Ukitake asked the old man.

"I feel it actually... was it a quincy?"
I asked the old man seriously.

"Yes, two of them came inside my office. And they managed to kill my liutenant."
He nodded.

I can feel anger and sadness in his voice.

"What?!"
I exclaimed.

Anger rising in my mind.

I mean, Sasakibe. My friend as fellow disciple of Yama-jii.

Killed? He's on the same level as a captain. This is dangerous.

"Please calm down, Ami. If they could pass by liutenant Sasakibe so easily, why did they left?"
Toshiro tapped my shoulder.

"They're here, only to relay a message from their leader, Ywatch."
And he told us about their declaration of war.

"I see."
I stated, calmer.

Yet, my eyes were still in a darker shade of red.

"If they wanted war, that's what they'll get. Isn't that right, old man?"
I smiled at him and immediately left the room.

Headed towards Sasakibe's coffin on the other room, ignoring the complaints from other captain about leaving the room without permission.

I stared at the lifeless body of my comrade. And only shed a single tear of sadness. My sadness is covered with anger. The feeling of revenge.

_________________________

The next day, Sasakibe is buried next to his father. Tons of flowers covering his grave. I stood there, next to Yama-jii. This returned so many memories of dad's funeral.

Memories.....
I still had no idea about 'the accident' that made me moved to Karakura. Or the incident that caused me to kill my sister.

I.. have to ask mom about it..

After the funeral, mom and I went to an ice cream shop in Karakura to calm our mind. And at that exact moment, I asked her,

"Mom, please tell me the accident that caused us to move away from Soul Society, from Tokyo. And... I remembered about you being pregnant with my little sister."
I begged her.

She sighed and said,
"Alright..."

__________________________

👉flashback👈

*Kemi's POV*

I was the third seat of Ginrei's squad. At that time, you were still a kid and befriended his grandson, Byakuya.

You and him are just like cats and dogs, chasing and fighting each other. However... you never actually fought.

Then you met Gin and Rangiku. Along with the others. At such a young age, you joined the academy with Gin. Byakuya is older, so he's already in the academy.

Both you and Gin graduated as the youngest. It only took a single year for both of you to graduate from the academy. It was easy since you're the disciple of Yamamoto Genryuusai. You are simply a genious.

Gin was placed as the third seat in squad 5, under Shinji as the captain and Aizen as the liutenant. As for you, was placed as the liutenant of squad 9. That time, Hisagi was still in the academy, his last year.

You shortly achieved your bankai and only told me and Captain Commander about it. Keeping it as a tightly knitted secret.

He wanted you to become a captain but you refused. Making Aizen become one. With Gin as his liutenant. You were still friends with him, but becoming more distant.

With the disappearance of your uncle, Issshin, Shinji, and the others, you resigned from your squad. Getting transfered to squad 4 with your amazing healing kido, you were able to become the third place. You thought it was safer to stay near Unohana instead of Tosen.

Yes, you knew everything from the beggining. You watched everything that happened that night. How Aizen turned your friends into their painful hollowfication.

And how Gin and Tosen was helping him.

About the accident... this is what happened...

One summer night, it was the Soul King's festival. Everyone attended the festival that was held in squad 1 barracks as usual. But we didn't go that year, because I was pregnant with your sister.

About at 9 p.m, someone burned our house down, causing all of us ran out in panic. Nobody was there. Everyone was celebrating in squad 1 barracks. It's just the three of us.

Some hollows, that Aizen created was attacking us. Surrounding us from every direction. Even though you were strong, you were still... just a kid. You've never in that kind of situation. So you refused to left dad alone to fight them.

Good kid.

You were fighting so well, but didn't notice a hollow behind, aiming a cero at you. So I jumped in before you got hit, and lose the baby...

It was okay, you are alive. I bet she's happy to be able to protect her sister.

We officially become Aizen's target. If we didnt leave, we'll get killed. That's why, me and your dad decided to move away from Soul Society.