Accident

"Hey mom."

"Hey sweetie. Uh.. look, don't panic, okay?"

"Why should I panic?"

"We're in Japan right now!!!"

"Woah, you guys should've told me!"

"But... that's not all the news....."
She said, anxiety and worry can be felt trough her voice.

"Okay... what's going on?"

"It's about your father."

"What about him?"
Now I begin to panic.

"He... he got into an accident. But he's fine, completely fine. Just a broken arm and two broken ribs."

What?!

"What?! What happened?"

"You see... your father was attacked."

"Wha- by who?"

"......quincy......"

"No mom, stop joking, it's not funny."
I nervously chuckled.

"I am not joking."
She said sternly.

She's serious.

"What happened?"
I asked with worry.

"Usually, he's going home from work at 5 p.m and should be at home at least at 6.15 p.m. But yesterday, he's not home until 8. I got worried so I called his cellphone."

"Then what happened?"

"It connects but he didn't answer. I called multiple times but still, no answer. So I went out and track his reiatsu to find him in a puddle of his own blood, still conscious however. Luckily, I'm pretty good in healing kido and did an emergency treatment on the spot. After he stopped bleeding, I called the ambulance and make excuse to the police that he was robbed."

"And then....?"

"When he's conscious late dawn, I asked him what happened and he said that three quincy stopped him, asking about you and the Kurosaki's whereabout and of course he asked why. And they replied like this : quincy's era has begun ; then started to beat him up because he's not answering."

I stayed silent for a while.

Is Ishida in it? Does he even know? What about his dad?

"Hello? Sweetheart?"
Mom called out worriedly.

I snapped out of my thoughts and said,
"Yea mom?"

"Don't worry about your dad, he's a strong man."

I chuckled at that comment.
"Of course he is!"
I said.

I can hear mom's chuckled and sighed out of relief.

"Mom..."

"Yes, sweety?"

"Be careful. And... can you do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Please stick with dad at the hospital until he's 100% healthy."

"I'll stick with your father. I'll protect him."

Weird..... I feel something bad's going to happen.

"Hey mom?"

"Yeah?"

"Where are you right now? Are you in the hospital with dad?"

"No, I'm on my way to the hospital. I was taking my clothes and his clothes. Why?"

Oh my god, no... please make my feelings be false.

"Mom... can you get into a crowdy place? I can hear that the street you're walking on is empty."

"It's because I used the shortcut to the hospital."

"We've arrived guys!"
Rangiku announced from the front seat.

I started to get down from the bus and taking my stuff.

"Mom... which hospital is it?"

"Segyuu Hospital, room 347, west building."

"Okay, now mom. I want you to choose between these two options : 1. Get into dad's room as fast as you can
Or
2. Hide your reiatsu and stay there until I came."

I said as I started flash stepping toward her reiatsu, leaving a single note to the others.

"Ami, please. I can take care of myself."

"Mom! No time for this! I can feel two strange reiatsu coming towards you right now!"

Then the call get disconnected.

Son of a- shit shit shit!

Thank goodness I'm Yoruichi's apprentice. I get to where mom is in five seconds. I looked around the street and found nobody. But I can still feel mom's reiatsu here.

_________________

"Mom? It's me."
I screamed loudly.

Then someone gave me a pat on the shoulder. Instinctively, I draw my zanpakuto out, leaning it against the neck of..... mom?

"Sshhh... they're around here. I just realized about it when you mentioned it before."
She made a barrier.

"Why did you hung up?"

"My battery died."

With that, I feel two strong reiatsu. If it belong to a shinigami, it would be about.... a 3rd seat and a captain level.

We walked together to dad's room and chatted for a while at the cafeteria since dad's already asleep. I put on layers and layers of barrier around his room and even the hospital. Only humans and shinigami could get inside.

I heal dad's inner injuries that mom and the doctors couldn't heal quickly. After putting on so many barrier, I went home to rest.

I went to sleep surprisingly fast. Ignoring Ichigo and others questions about what happened and where I was.

Cos' I went to bed early, I woke up earlier than usual. I made the breakfast, took a shower, and immediately go to the hospital.

Of course I brought foods and fruits for my parents. On the way, I bought mom a blanket, pillow, shirts, bath supplies, and other things.

"Good morning."
I saw mom pouring dad and herself each a cup of tea.

"Morning. You're so early."
Mom hugged me then went to the bathroom.

"Hey dad."
I sat beside his bed.

He slightly smiled.
"Hello, son."

I chuckled,

"You're still saying jokes in your current condition?"
I raised an eyebrow.

We talked a lot. But I didn't mention what happened last night and I also didn't tell him about my headache, my memory return, my questions that I've been dying to ask all this time.

Suddenly, a thought creep into my mind,

Let's visit Ishida's residence.

No no no... bad idea. If he's involved, it means I went inside a lion's cage. If he didn't, it would be good. But his dad is so intimidating and if I asked about it, he probably won't even listen, won't answer, or feel offended. Arghhh.....

So I decided not to go. I mean, even if the Ishida's are involved, I'll know about it soon.

Whisper | #WATTYS 2017जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें