Final Episode: Episode 24

Episode 24: JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL

              There was no mistaking the somber spirits as Darcy walked Ty slowly down the hall with her arm wrapped around his shoulder.

"So you don't really know if he's going to be OK? " Ty asked desperately as they entered the room.

"I really don't know. It's hard to tell."

"Is there anything we could do?"

"Pray," she responded with a faint smile that would have been brighter had it not been for the dire situation. 

"Well obviously that doesn't work," bellowed a voice from the corner of the room beside Jake's bed. The little boy was engulfed with tubes and monitors that made him appear even smaller than he already was. 

Darcy and Ty were alarmed to find that Yen was accompanied by two other boys, one who Darcy remembered from the dinner on the day she arrived home; one she remembered being told was Jake's father.

[Theme Song]

              K.C. could not have been happier that practice was over. He wiped his forehead and dashed towards the dressing room while the other guys laid in a tired slump in the corner. It was usual for him to join them but his euphoria was more than enough to give him an extra boost. 

He changed quickly and added extra cologne, he even ruffled through his sweaty hair to make it seem presentable. Upon exiting, he found Terrence dragging himself towards the lockers, his face drenched in sweat.

"Big date," smiled Terrence curiously but with a linger of mischief.

"I really hope so," K.C. responded excitedly leaving Terrence quite confused. 

He soared through the hallways like a trained athlete. He was so fast he had to double back to catch up to Alli who he had noticed on his way out the doors. 

'Hey, Alli," K.C. greeted, "Why you're still here? But it's good that you are." His breathing was erratic and he fought effortlessly to hide it from her.

"It is," she responded shocked but his attention was quickly interrupted by Clare's presence. 

K.C.'s eager smile was the perfect opposite to Clare's worried frown.

"I thought Jenna told you," Clare started breaking K.C.'s joy. 

"Told me what?" he asked concerned.

"About Jake?" Alli interjected.

"What's wrong?"

"He's sick. He came down with a high fever yesterday. His heart's failing him and...," Clare's voice trailed off. "I can't bear seeing him like that. He was great and all of sudden -"

"I'm sorry," K.C. hugged her. 

"I can't stand to go home either. My Mom suggested I stay with Alli for a while," Clare informed.

"My Dad finishes work late. We thought watching Jenna's cheerleading practice would be a good distraction," Alli continued.

"I doubt it was," K.C. said out loud what they were thinking. 

At that moment Terrence walked up to them. He was on his way out of the school when he noticed Alli. Alli could not help feeling guilt as the two stared intently into each other's eyes. 

"You should talk to him," Clare urged as Terrence broke away from the trance and made his way through the doors.

"But," Alli quickly refused the idea.