Episode 8

Episode 8 : TWO-FACED

               Holly J. Sinclair was busy at her laptop in the middle of the night. She was tapping away so furiously one would say she looked possessed as the luminescence of the monitor intensified her face. She was obviously tired and yawned every other minute, but she was determined. She had to do anything to avoid going to sleep with a broken heart. Something she had been trying desperately not to do for over the last couple of days. And it wasn't very easy. She had really loved Sav. Perhaps to marry him one day and now he was going to get married to someone else. How unfair could life be?

"I'm finished," she said shocked to no one in particular. She shook her head and tried searching frantically for anything else she could possibly do, "What now?"

She turned off the laptop and turned around on her bed and she looked up at her ceiling. She then turned and looked at a photo of her and Sav on the wall. She smiled sincerely and then she got up and took off the picture. She looked at it for quite a long time, "Why can't I get over you?" She became immediately sad, "Maybe if I could just see you one more time, then I could give you one last tongue-whipping," she quirked. 

At that precise moment she heard the doorbell ring and she became immediately worried. Who would be calling at eleven o'clock at night. She put on her bedroom slippers and she exited her room. "Alright, I'm coming," she said annoyed. She looked through the peephole and then she froze for a minute before she finally flew open the door.

"Why are you doing here?" There was a distinctive menace in her voice as she said so.

"I'm fighting for our love," was the only response Sav could give. He looked sincere and poetic as he stood outside in the pouring rain, holding nothing but a single red rose. He handed it to her to which she just simply stared. 

"You're engaged, remember?" she said matter-of-factly.

Sav shook his head, "I'm here - freezing and wet. I tried to stop thinking about you but I just can't. I'm fighting for you - you, Holly J."

Holly J. took the rose and smiled beside herself. He looked so pathetic she couldn't help herself. 

"Why am I such a sucker for romance?" she smiled and tugged on his shirt collar and pulled him into one big liplock, not minding that she was getting wet as well. "So the Indian wife is definitely out of the picture?"

"Absolutely," Sav said and then he realised he was still wearing his wedding band and he took it off and swiftly placed it in his pants pocket without being so obvious about it. He knew he was doing the right thing, but now he was trying his best not to slip up. He looked up at her with a goofy grin, "No Indian wife. Just you."

Holly J. nodded appreciatively. Who knew how one minute you could be filled with so much disgust and then the next you're giddy with love? 

[theme song]

                "What do you mean she almost saw it?" questioned Drew annoyed. He was sitting in his bedroom and was having a web-chat with Sav.

"But, she didn't, and that's what counts," Sav assured.

"You're walking on thin ice, pal. Had she seen that ring, you'd be gone in a hurry," Drew reminded him, "You have a wife who's waiting for you to come home."

"A wife that I have no real emotional connection to," bribed Sav.

"A wife, nonetheless," argued Drew, "You have to tell Holly J. the truth."

"I was so close to doing just that, but then I told her I was getting married, when in fact I was already married for two whole months." whined Sav, "I've been thinking it through for the last week. I can't give up Holly J. and divorce does not exist when you're Muslim either."