Episode 23

Episode 23: ONCE BITTEN

              Sav nervously scratched the back of his neck as he withdrew his hand. He attempted to place his hand on the door but withdrew once more, composed himself and then he cleared his throat. He placed a heavy hand on the door and exhaled gripping tightly for fear that he would change his mind again. He was so nervous; so many lies he had told and now he was back home to create newer ones. 

"Guess who's here!" he forced a grand smile on his face as he entered. The smile quickly lowered and disappeared when he noticed Farrah looking down at none other than...

"Holly J?"

"So this is the woman that's been keeping you away in America?" Farrah squealed in frustration.

Sav threw up his arms in anger and shock, "What is going on?" His focus shifted from the hurt expression on his mother's face to Holly J. who sat motionless and as still and white as death.

"You married her!" Farrah marched up to him and slapped him with all her might.

He finally drew his attention to her as he grimaced with the pain, "Farrah...I...."

"Don't talk to me," she walked angrily out of the room as Sav's mother lowered her head and sobbed loudly.

"You're already married," Holly J. uttered. She was close to tears and her words became even more heart-wrenching with everything she said next, "After everything we've been through and now I find out you're nothing but a pathetic waste of time. I don't know what I did to you so horrible to deserve this."

Sav lowered his head in shame. It was evident that he was hurting far more than when he was slapped. A moment's silence passed over the room, dense with sorrow and broken trust. The loud sobs of Sav's mother intensifying the mood. 

"Oh yeah," Sav looked up with a vengeance, "You were ready to hop out of Yale and into Harvard with Declan the second it pleased you." He wasn't sure why he thought this the best time to finally reveal how he felt about this particular situation but he wanted so desperately to prove that the faults of their relationship didn't all lie on him. 

Holly J's fighting spirit rose along with her as she took powerful steps towards Sav. She looked coldly and heartlessly into his eyes drawing so close he could feel the furnace of hell ripping through her nostrils, "Harvard offered me a scholarship and free living for a full year. I was struggling at Yale. I loved Yale - but I did what I had to do. Unlike you -" She eased back and gave one hard look at him, she took off the wedding band from around her finger, "I had nothing to hide." She threw the ring and it hit him on the cheek and he lowered his head once more. His heart leapt with the pain he had been avoiding and hoped to never experience. She slammed the door behind her with such fury the walls reverberated the shattered love she now had for him.

[Theme song]

             The empty corridors were disturbed by a crescendo of giggling. 

"I've missed you," Bianca smiled with an earnest stare.  

"How much?" replied Drew with a similar twinkle in his eyes as he pulled her closer with one arm. 

Bianca slammed her locker shut, "This much."

The two embraced each other passionately in the empty school corridors. The love and desire they had thought had been long forgotten were coming back to them in seconds. 

"This can't be happening," Drew announced ending their reunion abruptly.

"What? Why?" her confusion was evident.