Episode 18

Episode 18: SHADOWS REVEAL PT2

                The door to the bedroom opened with a slight creak. The girl pulled back her bouncy locks and stared in awe at the mess. 

"Wow, day number two and in here looks like this," she quirked. She gave Holly J. one of those inquisitive yet all-knowing glances, "Guess you're happy hubby kicked me to the curb."

"You're still my roommate until I move out and living with said hubby," cooed Holly J.

"So why you'd call me over here again?" asked her friend, "As room service? I don't even clean my own room."

"Yeah, thanks for reminding me why I don't go in there," Holly J. frowned at the thought. She was wearing a pink robe and staring at her naked face in the mirror. Around her, the room was redecorated with miscellaneous items strewn randomly. "I need help getting dressed."

"OK, Mrs. Getting married again?" asked her roommate with a clueless expression. 

Holly J. turned to her, "No. It's meet the parents day. My parents are flying over just for today. I may have opted to omit the part about the wedding being so private and uh...sudden." Her face wore a guilty expression as though she knew she was getting in trouble.

"Oh, oh." 

"Yeah. Oh, oh. So I need to look like if my life's all together and perfect and in equal balance with hubby and school," Holly J. informed.

"Well..." she thought for a while, "maybe you should invite them over to the future residence of the Bandharis."

"Well, right now, that's his hotel suite he booked when he flew out here. Maybe I should just come clean and tell them that living arrangements are in place but not available as yet." 

"Do what you have to do because they sure can't come in here," her roommate quipped. She flipped her bouncy locks to the other side, "Where's hubby in this time of crisis anyways?"

"Explaining why he had to over-extend his stay. He still has school too and he was hoping to fly back as soon as possible so as to keep his cover," she explained, "He's such a great guy but I think its best if we get all the family drama out of the way sooner rather than later. I'll call up his parents and explain to them that Sav is inviting a friend over. We can't keep this secret, I can already see how it's killing him already. If we can get through my folks then we can try for his, if not then we cancel." She shrugged her shoulders begging for a response to the idea. Her friend signaled to go for it.

"Are you sure he wouldn't be mad about this? It seems to me that all of this can wait another day."

"I can't wait another day. Do you have any idea how miserable I feel knowing that he could lose his family at a moment's notice because of me?"

"All the more reason, not to call then," her friend was pleading against the idea, "What will this prove? We both know his parents will not even want to see you when they hear the truth. The best thing to do is to keep it under wraps."

"I know but," she sighed, "I'm confused. We're married but he still has to go home to mummy and daddy or else."

"Tough situation, I would've just had dumped him like your first idea," her friend teased.

"Well, thanks for the support." Holly J. took up a pillow on the dresser and threw it at her. Whether taken seriously or as innocent fun, her roommate made sure not to stay to find out and escaped through the door.

Holly J. turned to face the mirror again and she gave herself one long look. She enjoyed her wedding night and the following day, it was everything she could possibly dream the beginning of married life should be. Tears erupted as she pondered just how hard everything was going to be until the summer when Sav was planning to "accept an internship" in America. Until then, she had to wait weeks at a time to see her husband. It was reminding her of how things were when they were courting. She needed him all to herself, wasn't that what getting married was meant to be?