Episode 11

Episode 11: SECRETS OUT LOUD PT 2

             The classroom was relatively quiet amidst the murmuring of the students behind the computers. The New Media Class was not a very conventional one whereas every equipment was unplugged. During her teaching, Ms. Oh was constantly pestered by a sudden climatic whooping.

She turned her head to the board, explaining the topic as she scribbled, "And as you can see art has a very broad spectrum especially within New Media." She stopped and closed her eyes, irked by the interruption. She turned around obviously at her breaking point, "I'm trying to keep my patience. No internet, no Blackberrys and still no punishment is good enough." She grimaced bitterly, "Do I need to give the whole class detention?"

The entire class remained as silent as a mouse; no one was whispering or bantering or gossiping. 

With a loud sigh, the teacher adamantly replied, "Well, you all will be staying here after school then?"

After a few disgusted looks and grunts from the dismayed students, she turned her attention back to the board. For a few minutes more she was on her way to reaching the maximum amount of attention she had had for the day until finally the whooping started again this time to an inconsiderate height.

"That's enough!" she shouted as she turned angrily towards them however her tirade was short-lived. She was left watching open-mouthed at the spectacle. Two boys whom she would never have expected were in a scuffle in the center of the classroom. Apparently the fight was being entertained by their peers and upon receiving detention the tension was finally laid to rest.

"Stop it," she bellowed as she manoeuvred her way through the gathering crowd. There were cheers for the desired victor which only disgusted her more. How could they take this as funny? All of them?

"Stop it!" she shouted as she stood in front of them. Her voice was enough to pull them apart, stupefying the crowd. 

"What is the meaning of this?" The rage in her voice made her seem unrecognizable from the slowly-boiling, irritated teacher the class knew and loved.

"I hate him," Connor confessed as he picked himself up.

"I hate you," Wesley eyed him cruelly behind his lopsided spectacles. The two shared an intense look.

Ms. Oh shook her head with disapproval and ordered the two of them to the principal's office. The two reluctantly followed orders.

"And thanks to your persistent disrespect, my offer for detention still stands..." She bellowed acidly much to the audible disapproving, "...this time for two weeks." The class was an uproar now but her straight-laced look quickly shushed them back into their seats though many were cursing under their breaths.

"And I guess in the mean time these are all mine." She slyly referred to the mountain of cell phones on her desk. Many a student lowered their heads in shame and a few seemed to almost faint. 

The best action for the year did not deserve this punishment.

[theme song]

             Drew was alone and close to tears as he hid in his car. He made all efforts not to be seen as he had the sun shades down on both sides. 

Without warning the car door swung open which startled him from his thoughts.

"I knew you were in there," greeted K.C. with a big smile, "Aren't you coming to go shoot some hoops?"

"No," Drew started still trying to get over his surprise, "No. I can't."

"You missed out on yesterday and we lost by a point," K.C.'s energy was enticing and contagious, "I promised a rematch."