Episode 2

Episode 2 : SO THIS IS MY CHRISTMAS PT 2 

             It was the morning after the well-deserved and much anticipated party the school had offered since the lockdown eight months ago. It was definitely a success in every aspect and the crowd was not so eager to leave but this time around there was no gang fight to interrupt things but the sudden outburst of the sirens of an ambulance. Principal Simpson had emerged confused but determined and ordered the students home right away as the ambulance which interrupted so swiftly was gone just as quickly. It was obvious that there was an emergency and the principal knew the party was to come to an end even though he found it quite a sad thing to do. So many students had put their all into the affair and he truly thought they deserved a break. At least this was as much as was said when he first announced it in assembly on the last day of school a couple of weeks ago. 

Adam, however, was not so sure. Like everybody else, he was anxious to know what had happened that night and what would come of it, if not more restrictions and rules next year (and who needs that). He needed someone to talk to about it and with Drew out of the house, he found it best to call Eli. Usually his best friend came over on a Saturday mornings to play video games but with three days till Christmas, that was not going to happen. 

It had only been eleven long hours since Eli stormed out of the gymnasium. It was a new day now but he couldn't get last night's happenings out of his head so easily. He wasn't a fool; he knew what it all meant but he kept wishing and wishing that what he heard was all a mistake. Maybe it was some kind of a prank? Or, maybe, Ms. Oh didn't know what she was talking about? He wasn't going to accept this, he couldn't, not after what happened with Julia. He had managed to turn his room upside down by ripping or breaking whatever he got his hands on; everything in his room reminded him of Clare and now she had betrayed him, to the highest level. He sat on his bed and stared at the mess shaking his head when the phone rang. It was perhaps the only unturned thing hidden in a far-off corner inching out from under his bed. He stared at it for a while and begged that it was Clare herself apologizing for taking the joke too far and promising that it was all in good fun. He smiled wickedly as he picked it up.

"You think this is a game, Clare!" he shouted into the phone, "If only you knew what I really did to Julia!" He was choking on his words, fighting back tears.

"Eli, are you OK? " asked Adam from the other end confused.

Realising it was his best friend only made matters worse and he took the phone and flung it at the wall as the connection fell out. He stared at it with fury before he looked down at a broken picture of Julia which had been uncovered from its hiding spot by his recent rampage. "I killed you," he said softly.

[Theme song]

          Morning had crept up beautifully with splashes of gold and red with dancing tiny snowflakes falling steadily in a slow waltz. It was the perfect start to another awakening day of the Yuletide season. The chill had been felt since mid-October but it was only until last night, almost like a miracle, when the snow had flooded the streets. Outside was decorated in a snow-white blanket and it was simply beautiful.

Clare stretched her arms as she stirred from her sleep. She felt as though she had been sleeping in her own warm bed for hours but instead she woke up to strange surroundings. She looked around in a panic as she realised she was in a hospital room and finally she trembled when she noticed she was wearing a hospital gown. She could not quite understand why she was there. She didn't feel ill nor had she remembered being ill. Then suddenly, she remembered the sharp pangs of anguish in the pit of her stomach and then the baby boy crying loudly as she heard a woman called her "mommy". 

There was no way that that had happened. She didn't want to believe it. There was no way she had wanted to see that baby or anybody else ever again. She wanted to go home and sleep in her room and wake up feeling the magic of Christmas' snow and of last night's party just like she had foreseen it. There was a persistent urge in her every being that she had to get out of there.