"Thank you," I said quickly, the gratitude aimed towards the tattooed guy who sat in front of me. I dropped beside Palmer, and turned my whole upper body so I had her just in my vision.

"How's your morning going?" I asked her casually, pulling the steaming cup in my hand close to my mouth. The strong scent of coffee wafted up to my nose and I stupidly wondered whether Link knew how I took my coffee as I took a sip.

I couldn't even bring myself to appreciate that fact that the coffee was perfect as it drowned my insides.

"Very good," Palmer smiled, taking a sip from her own cup. A quick glance into the mug before, I was aware that she was just drinking water. "You just came into the kitchen in time since I was about to leave for the bakery."

"Now?" I frowned, looking above her head to the clock. It wasn't time yet and Nolan wasn't here yet either. He was the one who usually dropped us off in the morning even though it was a five minute walk.

"Yes." She nodded, her silvery strands of hair hugging her cheeks. She looked better, with a few noticeable improvements here and there. Her face was slowly coming back to its usual shine, the deep hollows that seized her cheeks nearly gone. The dark shadows that circled her eyes were lightening up as the days went by, and her whole body seemed more active, less tiresome.

"At least wait for Nolan to come- I'm sure he's on his way." I told her.

"I'm not going to ask him to take me every morning, Ori dear."

A small smirk came across my face. "You never asked him in the first place."

"Very true," she muttered under her breath. She put her mug down and stood up slowly. I watched her, unsure of her decision to walk. She had to rest for a few months before she could fall back into her normal routine. She was going to hurt herself-

"Ori, stop worrying." Palmer said from above me. I aimed a rueful smile at her, knowing perfectly well that it didn't reach my eyes. "Besides, Link is walking with me."

I officially acknowledged him then, turning my head slightly towards him. He was staring at me hard, the cold look back across his face. Something must have pissed him off this very morning and I knew then that I was staying clear from him.

It would be beneficial for the both of us.

I quickly snapped my head back and shot Palmer another false smile. "I'm going on a breakfast date with Versa. I'll swing by the bakery on my way back?"

Palmer grinned. "Oh, enjoy your date and tell Versa I say hi."

"I will."

I pushed off the chair and quickly scurried out the kitchen without so much as giving Link another glance. He was staring after me as I put on my shoes, grabbed my jacket and high tailed it out the house.

****

"So did you find a place?"

I looked up from my plate at Versa. It had been a while since I was alone with my best friend. She was occupied with her new love interest and it was clear, with the glow shining from her face that she was entirely happy with him.

I was more than grateful for Ryan, more than he could ever know. I finally had someone else, someone more stronger physically to look after the brave, beautiful girl in front of me.