The Only Explanation is Impossible

Beth/Bella P.O.V.

“Come on Bella you haven’t eaten anything since yesterday afternoon” Percy  tried to get me up once again. Every time I was even near food I would run away and throw up where someone wasn’t looking. I truly was hungry but mortal food was doing no good. I tried to sneak ambrosia and nectar once and just as I was going to eat it, Percy and Grover came in. Frustrated I almost ate it in front of them, but decided against it. I had quickly shoved them behind me feeling when Amintah ate it. 

“I’m not hungry” I mumbled but my betraying stomach grumbled. Percy just gave me a no-nonsense look and tugged my hand.

“Come on” He said trying to tug harder.

“I’ll eat later”

“No you wont”

“Ugh! Yes I will. Now leave me alone!” I said pushing him. He fell down on his bum with a shocked expression. I couldn’t help my self,  all of a sudden I  was cracking up so much that my side hurt.

Calming down I sat down on my bed on to fall down with laughter when Percy tried to get up and slipped falling down again. 

“Shut up that wasn’t funny” He said giving me a death glare. If only looks could kill.

“It was for me” I said still giggling. 

“Fine stay if you want. But if you don’t go by the end I’m going to bring food and make you eat it” He said turning around to leave.

Sighing when he closed the door I laid down on the bed letting my feet hang from the side. What the heck is wrong with me? I’ve never felt this bad before. Well might as well make this alone time useful. I summoned some ambrosia. Smelling it I sighed. I missed this food so much. I was going to  eat it but I remembered that I was in mortal form so I couldn’t eat it because I would literally burn from the inside. 

I quickly turn to my divine form, but mortal size so I wouldn’t destroy the cabin. Mmm yummy. I ate slowly. Savoring every bite. I decided that some nectar would do too, so I summoned some. I got up from my bunk and sat on the floor next to the water fountain. Amintah purred nudging me  with her head. I smiled petting her.

“Bella I hope you-” Percy barged in with Annabeth behind him. They froze noticing me there sitting down. Amintah hissed and ran under my bed. Ha, so much for protecting.

“Who are you” Annabeth asked looking at me and my food.

“Um what do you mean?” I asked. My eyes went wide. Sh*t I totally forgot that I was in divine form and not Bella mode! Um, wow I’m going to get a long lecture about blowing the cover.

“Who are you and where’s Bella?” Percy asked narrowing his eyes.

“Bella? Oh, you mean Isabella. Oh her she stormed out a couple of minutes ago saying something about never leaving her alone” I said waving my hand. Oh, I hope they believe it.