"Well I should do some laundry. I don't know about you but I'm running out of clean clothes pretty quick" I announced "Need some help getting back upstairs?" 

Liam shook his head, "No I'm alright. Thanks though" I smiled and made my way back up the stairs.  

I heard shouting in the living room so I ran down the hall to find Harry, Louis, Niall, and Zayn tackling each other and laughing. They dog piled; Zayn on the bottom, then Louis, then Niall, and then Harry on the top. They looked like they were having a lot of fun. I slipped out silently and joined McKenna in the kitchen. She was drinking a steaming mug of tea and had her nose buried in a book.  

"Hey" She set the book down and wrapped her hands around the mug.  

"Hey. You cold?" I sat down across from her.  

"Yeah, I'm freezing! It's always cold in here! I think we are underground. Like some sort of bunker" She suggested. That would make sense.  

"You could be right. So what you reading?" I asked.  

She shrugged "This place is in short supply of reading material but I found this copy of Alice in Wonderland" McKenna answered, holding the book up so I could see the title.  

"Ironic since we too are lost in a hole" I mumbled.  

"Yeah I guess" She shrugged "So how was it spending the night with Harry?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me.  

"Nothing happened!" I scoffed "Well I did fall out of bed this morning" McKenna laughed.  

"And what about you? How was it spending the night in Niall's big, strong arms" I said the last part in a dreamy sounding voice, wrapping my arms around myself and gazed around dramatically. She pushed my shoulder.  

"Shut up!" She laughed with me, "Nothing is going on!"  

"You could have fooled me! You two have been a packaged deal this past week" I exclaimed.  

McKenna thought about it, "I guess we have been spending a lot of time together. Is that a bad thing?" 

"No! You two are cute together! Do you like him?" I asked.  

McKenna stopped to think, "I don't know. I feel like I could like him but its only been a week and we are under so much stress!" 

"Yeah...can I ask you something?" I questioned.  

She nodded, "Anything" 

"I need you advice. I'm getting closer to Harry and I feel like it could turn into something. But I have Evan waiting at home for me" I explained.  

"Who's Evan?" She asked.  

"My boyfriend?" I answered.  

"How long have you been together?" McKenna pressed.  

"Nine months?" I guessed.  

"And how is the relationship? Are you happy?" She continued to inquire.  

"He's very sweet and loving and-" I started.  

"But are you happy?" She cut me off.  

"Is it bad that I can't answer that question?" I admitted.  Even before all this I had questioned my relationship with him but I didn't want to admit to anyone, not even myself, that I had my doubts about the relationship. I wanted it so badly to work and it seemed that I was willing to sacrifice my happieness to make it work.

"Does Harry make you happy" McKenna asked.  

"Yeah. He does" I smiled a little, "But I've only known him for a week! He could be a real ass!" I quoted her from the first night we spent here.  

"No he's a sweetie" She quoted me back and we both chucked. 

"Touché" I murmured.  

"Touché" She returned.  

We were silent for a few minutes.  

"Want to help me do the laundry?" I broke the silence.  

"Sure. I could do with some clean clothes" We got up.  

"You guys mind if we get your laundry from your rooms?" I yelled to the living room.  

"Go ahead" Someone got out between giggles and shouts.  

Me and McKenna fanned out and got every scrap of fabric we could and threw it to the basement. We sorted them into lights and darks and started the first load. All this laundry would take a while.  

"Want to make lunch while we wait?" McKenna asked. My stomach growled at the mention of food.  

"Sure" I agreed and raced up the stairs with her catching at my heels. I giggled and slid into the kitchen.  

McKenna did the same but slid a little too hard, crashing into me. We both fell into a pile of giggles and squeals on the floor.  

"What's for lunch, Chef Young?" I asked, still laying on the floor. It could use a sweep.  

"I don't know Chef Palmer, what do you suggest?" She replied.  

"Grilled cheese?" I suggested. That was easy enough. 

"Grilled cheese it is" She agreed and we got off the floor. McKenna prepared them and I grilled them to a golden brown on each side with melted cheese oozing out the sides.  

While one was grilling, I got the broom and started sweeping the floor.  

"Aha!" McKenna called in victory and pressed a button the send salsa music echoing through the room. I didn't know we had a radio in here.  

I swayed with the music, using the broom as a partner.  

"Where did you learn to dance like that?" McKenna called.  

"My Dad's idea of a family bonding opportunity, salsa lessons" I replied, the memory pleasantly embaressing. I had stepped in the extremly hot dance instructors feet several times. But I kept my feet in time to the music and recalled the steps we had learned.  

I spun around, just like we had been taught, but felt unfamiliar arms wrap around my waist and send me into a dip.  

Harry grinned down at me and said, "You're a very good dancer" 

I blushed, "Thanks" 

He brought me back up but kept an arm on my waist and slipped the other into my hand. He kept in time perfectly.  

"Your a fair dancer yourself" I giggled. Harry grinned and spun me around only to bring me back closer.  

"Charlie!" McKenna yelped, "The grilled cheese is burning!" 

Harry let me go and I flipped the sandwich. It was a little more brown than the others but it wasn't burnt.  

"Saved!" I laughed. I flipped the sandwich on a plate and McKenna spread them out over the table.  

"Lunch is ready!" McKenna yelled and turned down the music. The boys piled in and dug into the food.  

Despite our situation, today had turned out pretty good so far. 

As much as I was enjoying this, it still could not cover the constant fear of what our future holds.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Hey! Hope you enjoyed the chapter! You know the routine; fan, vote, and comment please and thank you!! Thanks for reading! :)