With a nod Jesse reached for the fork and knife. As he sliced a piece off, Lucifer turned towards me.

                “Child, aren’t you hungry?” He asked.

                Without looking at him I nodded, reaching carefully for the fork. Before I touched the tips of the fork into the fluffy object, Lucifer had already started talking to Jesse.

                “My boy,” He stated. “How are you feeling?”

                “Very well sir.” Jesse replied.

                I heard a small scoff escape Lucifer.

                “It’s Jesse, yes?”             

                “Yes sir.”

                “How do you like your breakfast?”

                “It’s quite good, thank you.”

                From the corner of my eye I watched Lucifer’s eye brow slightly arch, as if unimpressed with the answer, or rather unimpressed with Jesse’s presence.

                “Mhmm...”

                Awkward silence fell upon the room. I swore everyone could hear my heart hammering against my chest. My eyes moved from one man’s face to the other trying to distinguish the emotion of each. But there was nothing. All Lucifer did was eye the poor boy as he simply ate. I was nervous; I couldn’t tell what he was thinking...

                “How is your fever?” Lucifer asked out of the silence.

                Jesse gently dropped his fork as he curiously looked at Lucifer. “I don’t have a fever...I’m feeling pretty good.”

                Lucifer shook his head with amusement as he said. “Oh there will be a fever my boy.”

                No one talked the rest of the meal. And even when Neil came out to pick up our empty plates, Lucifer still hadn’t made a sound. I shuffled uncomfortably in my seat as Jesse looked up at Lucifer. Nothing was said, but Lucifer stood up, and made his way towards the back of my chair. Placing his hands on my shoulder he turned to Jesse. “Would you give us a moment my boy?”

                With a cautious look towards me I nodded. Standing up Jesse made his way out the door.

                “Lucia,” Lucifer grumbled his hands tightening on my shoulder before he sat back down. “Why?”