Chapter 23

Angie's Pov

It was Saturday and my parents left me again for business. Don't get me wrong I'm grateful that they have a new job. But their never home it sucks.

I was at the park with Jacob and Calvin. I didn't want to go home alone so ill be staying at Jacob's tonight.

Jacob, Vinny and I were playing in the sand. When a lady came up to us.

Jacob looked up then got up a little upset.

"What are you doing Melissa" Jacob said angry.

That's Melissa, for her to be on drugs she's really pretty.

"I came here to ask you something" She said eyeing me and Vinny.

She had brunette hair just like Vinny and dark blue eyes. Tall and very skinny you could tell she has been on drugs. What a waste.

I got up and walked up to Melissa.

"Hi, I'm Angie Jacob's girlfriend, you must be Melissa" I said sweetly holding out my hand for her to shake. Jacob got up too and wrapped his arm around my waist. Pulling me closer to him.

She looked at me and Jacob in surprised and puzzled. He is so over protective.

"Hi, yes i am its nice to meet you" She said with a smile.

"Pleasures all mine" I said.

"What did you want" Jacob said rudely.

"I wanted to spend time with my son" She said looking at him. He was still playing in the sand.

"NO!" Jacob screamed. I grabbed his hand to calm him down. He tensed down.

"Why would I do that" He said in a whisper.

"Because he's still my son" Melissa said.

"Are you sober?" He questioned.

"Yes i have for 5 months now. Look Jacob, i know i haven't been the best mother or person for that matter. But i have changed, I've gone to rehab and I'm just trying to turn my life around for him." She said looking at Calvin.

That is so sweet, I thought. Vinny deserves to see his mom.

"I don't know" Jacob said uneasy about the whole situation.

"At least let her meet him" I told him rubbing his arm up and down. Trying to convince him to. He looked at me then Melissa then Vinny and then back at me. He then gave in.

"Alright" He said looking at me.

Melissa smiled and touched my arm.

"Thank you.... both of you" She said walking past us to him.

"Hi Calvin" She said to him. He looked up and smiled. Just like Vinny always being nice. He looked at us for the okay in talking to her. Jacob nodded his head.

"Hi what's your name" Vinny asked.

"Melissa, can I play?" Calvin nodded his head and they began to mess around in the sand.

Jacob grabbed my hand and motioned me over to the bench. We walked over and sat down.

"Its good what you did. He deserves to know his mom" I said. He put his arm over me and moved me over closer to him.

"Yea I know i was just hoping she wouldn't come until he was older" I nodded my head understanding what he meant.

Calvin ran off and went to the swings. Melissa walked over to us.

"Ill go watch him" I told Jacob giving him a peck on the lips. I jogged over to Vinny and started playing with him in the jungle gym.

Jacobs POV