Chapter 6

Angie's POV

"Grandpa???" I said questionly.

"Grandpa what are you doing here" I said while giving him a bear hug.

I haven't seen my grandpa since grandma died 2 years ago. Its been really tough on him on all of us. She had passed away from away from a blood embolism to the brain. It all happened so fast and was an immense blow to our entire family. She had been struggling with her moods and eating, she only told us she was just tired. Once we found out it was more than just fatigue; it was too late. I miss my abuela more and more everyday.

My Grandpa didnt look a day over 59 in his 68 years of youth. He had a full head of hair but all of it was gray, green eyes and tall he looked just like my dad. But my dad had my grandmas eyes honey brown just like me.

"Hey, Ge Ge how is my favorite granddaughter doing" he said. I smiled at the old nickname he called me, only him and grandma called me that. I still love the way it sounds.

"Im fine grandpa, but what are you doing here in California. You came to see us?" I questioned, still clinging onto him as my nostrils engulfed his familiar scent; old ivory.

"Yea I wanted to see y'all and to have Sally's pies I miss them. Can you get me a piece?" He asked picking up the menu.

"Sure thing one second" I went to the bake pantry and took a slice of the blueberry pie. Put a spoonful of whipped cream and a glass of milk. I rolled over and gave it to him.

"So are you okay? What have you been up to?" I asked sitting on the other side of the booth

"I'm taking one step at a time, trying to enjoy the thing that Elle always wanted to do." he said sadly but tried to cover it with a smile.

We started to catch up with everything that has happened. I told him about how Amanda has been treating me. He said he would talk to her, I think after Grandma passed away its been hard on her as well, she always had a great relationship with her.. He also told me to be more understanding of her; you never know what someone is going through. Which was completely the truth and I was a perfect example. I never told anyone the full truth, I could never tell my parents what I've endured since middle school. All the bullying and insecurities I have. They wouldn't understand anyways; so I stayed silent.

Me and Grandpa were laughing really hard just like old times I didnt realize someone was at our table, I looked at his very handsome face and smiled. My whole world seemed to light up when our eyes connected. It felt as if my entire body erupted into flames and I didn't mind one bit. I don't know how this is possible, but I missed him. I had thought about him all day and hated the fact that I would have to wait to see that smile and those eyes.

"Hi Mr. Romeo, what brings you here and who is the handsome guy" I said after a long pause, I looked down at a little cute boy who looked just like Mr. Romeo. He must be Calvin he was so cute when he blushed. He hid behind his father muscular legs which gave me a chance to check him out. God, he looks so fucking sexy in jeans. They were loose fitting around his hips, with his white button up and beige vest. He even had the audacity to leave a few buttons at the top open. Just the thought of me running my tongue over his skin sent shivers down my spine and dampened my panties. What the fuck am I doing? My grandfather is sitting next to me watching me eye fuck my teacher! I shook my head and looked back up at Calvin and then to those familiar blue eyes. He was smirking and subtly bit his lip. Fuck my life!

"Hi Ms. Smith, I just love the food here and I can't cook that good." He chuckled a cute low laugh. How dreamy can a man get.

'This is my son Calvin. Oh hello Sir, you must be Mr. Smith Angie's father" he said while putting his hand out to shake my grandpa's hand. This was all too much for me to handle. If this was meant to be than the Universe has a funny fucking way of showing it. Out of all the diners!