Imagine for GiannaCuiffo

Luke's POV:

I'm just about to wake up my nine year old sister Noelle, as she's been sleeping for over 10 hours now and if she sleeps any more then she won't want to go to sleep at a decent hour later tonight. I walk into her room and see her curled up into a ball under her covers. She looks so tiny and cute under her purple and pink covers. I gently rub her back and say, "Noelle, time to wake up love. You've been sleeping long enough and you have to wake up now". She gives a groan in annoyance of me waking her up, and doesn't open her eyes. "Come on love, I'm going to go get dressed and start making breakfast. You need to be up and dressed by the time I come back. You have school today, and I have to get to work", I tell her, starting to leave. You see, my best friends and I are doctors and have our own family clinic. We mostly deal with physicals and sick or hurt kids, but we also know how to do surgeries and take care of more extreme scenarios.

I go downstairs and quickly put some toast in the toaster and cook up some scrambled eggs, then throw on some scrubs for the day. Once I'm ready and breakfast is ready, I go back up to Noelle's room, hoping that she's dressed and ready so that i won't be late. I knock on her door, but i don't hear anything. I then walk in and i see Noelle still in bed, fast asleep. "Noelle! I told you to get up! We're going to be late! Get up now!" I yell at Noelle and throw her covers off.

However, when I throw off her covers, i see that she has red spots on her arms and legs, as well as she's shivering. "Noelle, how are you feeling love? Do you hurt or feel sick at all?" i ask in a much more comforting tone than i was using before and rub her shoulder, trying to make her feel better. "Leave me alone Luke! I don't want to tell you anything because you were being mean!", she stutters out as her voice shakes from shivering so much. "Love, I'm sorry i was mean, but I need you to tell me what's going on. I think you might have chickenpox, but I can't be sure until I examine you. You either have two choices, talk to me and let me know what you're feeling, or I'm going to take you to the clinic and the boys and I will find out there", i tell her, but she just shakes her head and ignores me. "Fine. I warned you. Clinic it is", I say and pick her up, blankets and all, and carry her out to my car. Along the way, Noelle is trying to get out of my arms, but I'm a lot stronger that she is, and easily overpower her weakened sick state. I buckle her in and set the child lock on to make sure she can't get out, then we drive to the clinic.

By the time I drive to the clinic, Noelle has fallen asleep again, so I gently lift her up into my arms and carry her inside. Once inside, I set her on a bed, then go to get the boys so that we can do an examination on her and see once and for all what illness Noelle has. "Hey Cal, Ash, Mikey, can you help me with something? When I was waking up Noelle, i noticed she had red spots all over her, as well as a fever. She wouldn't co-operate, so I brought her here. Can you guys help me do an examination on her? I think she has chicken pox, but i don't know for sure", I ask my three best friends and fellow doctors. "Yeah, no problemo. Where is she?" Ashton asks and i lead them to the room I layed Noelle down in.

When we get to Noelle's room, I can see her visibly shaking from her fever. "Mikey, can you take her temperature? I know that she has a fever, but we have to see how high before we can do anything. Calum, can you start her on an IV drip of fluids. Ash, you and I are going to run a few tests to determine if she has chicken pox or not" , i say as i instruct the other guys on what to do and they get to it.

Mikey gets her temperature taken, while Ash and I have done all the tests we need to do to tell us that she has chicken pox, and Calum is just finishing putting in her IV when Noelle wakes up. "Luke? I feel itchy. Please make it go away", Noelle cries out in discomfort while I'm talking to Ashton. As soon as i hear her call out though, i run over and immediately take her hand in mine. "Love, everything's going to be okay. The boys and i are going to take care of you and make you feel a lot better. Just hang in there. We did some tests and you have chicken pox, so we're going to give you some medicine to help with your fever and then you can take an oatmeal bath and we can put some calamine lotion on to help with the itchy feeling. Just try not to scratch love", I tell her as Mikey comes in with some Tylenol for the pain and fever and some water to wash it down. "Hey Noelle, can you take this. It will help you feel a bit better", Mikey says as he hands her the medicine. She takes it and quickly washes it down with the bottle of water to help it get down, then curls up in the bed again.

A few minutes later, Ashton comes in and tells me, "Hey Luke, the oatmeal bath is set up. Why don't we get her in it to help ease some of her discomfort". I nod my head and pick Noelle up and carry her to the bathroom. I help her get in the tub, keeping her undergarments on so that she's a little more comfortable, and then just let the oatmeal do it's job.

After about 10 minutes of Noelle soaking in the tub, I grab a towel, some extra clothes we have at the clinic for her, help her rinse off the oatmeal in the shower, then wrap her up nice and tight in the towel to keep her warm. Calum then comes in the room with some calamine lotion and hands me the bottle along with some cotton balls and gauze. I turn to Noelle and explain to her, "This is going to be a bit cold, but it's going to help soothe the itch. We don't want you to scratch the red bumps on your skin because it could lead to infection or scars and we don't want that. If we have to, we will tape your hands in oven mitts, but hopefully it won't come to that", and I gently apply the pink lotion to her skin. She visibly relaxes a bit from it taking the itch away, and soon i've finished applying it and help her into some comfy clothes.

Noelle then turns to me and says, "Luke, I'm sorry for being so grumpy and stubborn today. I should have known you just wanted to take care of me and you were worried about me. I promise to listen to you next time I'm sick", and she gives me a hug. "It's okay love. You didn't feel good, and when you don't feel good you can get a bit grumpy. Just know that I'm always here for you and will always want to take care of you. You're my baby sister and I love you very dearly", I say as I rub her back gently as I continue to hold her in my arms.

A few minutes later, the other boys come in the room with gifts and goodies for Noelle in their arms. "How are you feeling Noelle?" Ashton asks as he hands her a teddy bear. "A lot better. Thank you guys so much for helping me feel better. I love you guys. You are my brothers", she says and accepts Mikey's bowl of ice cream as Calum puts her favorite Disney movie in. "No problem Noelle. We would do anything for you. You're just as much our sister as Luke's sister. We love you too", Calum says with a smile on his face. We then all get comfortable on her bed and watch Disney movies and cuddle for the rest of the night, and soon she's fast asleep. I tuck her in and gently give her a kiss on the forehead. "Good night little sis. Don't worry, I'm going to take good care of you", i tell her and that's exactly what I do. For the rest of the week I make sure that Noelle doesn't itch her skin and give her medicine to help her get better, and pretty soon she's feeling a lot better.

AN: Last update for a while!!! Im sorry guys. I'll still be on wattpad like I said and will be writing in my break. I love you guys literally. What you guys have done for me and this book is far from amazing in a really good way. Im sick right now and its only because of stress so thats the main reason why I'm only going to write in my break. I LOVE YOU GUYS XXXXXX :)