She heard his breath catch in his throat before he began to speak, but his words weren’t something she had expected to hear.

“We should probably go downstairs and start packing up.” He mumbled.

And with that, he pulled away from her and she watched him in a slight confusion as he got out of bed, pulled on a pair of boxers and a pair of grey joggers that had been hanging on the edge of the bed.

He looked back at her once more, before turning to leave the room.

She was curled up in his sheets, draped around her most private areas. He stared at her like she was nothing less than perfect and that’s because she wasn’t.

“I’ll meet you downstairs.” He muttered, before turning to leave the room before she could protest.

-

Katie hopped down the stairs in her cotton shorts and Harry’s long sleeved navy blue shirt he had worn the night before. She had taken her time washing her face, brushing her teeth and taking her pills.

When she reached the bottom of the stairs, she was immediately greeted by the friendly arguing that came from the kitchen.

“I left it out on the counter, where did you put it?” It was Andrea’s sassy voice, Katie could pin that from the other side of the world. She chuckled as she walked into the kitchen to find a very stressed looking Andrea standing across the room from a very frustrated, confused looking Niall.

“Andrea, I didn’t take your make up remover!” He yelled back, almost breaking out into a fit of laughter as he stared at the blonde incredulously.

“Then where did it go!” The blonde demanded, putting a hand on her hip and staring at him with daggers flying out of her eyes.

Katie burst out into laughter as soon as she saw Niall’s blue eyes flash to her when she walked in the room, in desperation. He mentally screamed ‘Help!’.

“Andrea, relax.” Katie laughed. After all these years of living with the 18-year old blonde, she knew everything about the girl, including her mood-swings when she was stressed. “Why would Nialler touch your make up remover?” Katie laughed.

Andrea looked from Katie back to Niall who held his hands up in defeat. 

“I promise, Andy. I didn’t take it.” Niall smiled. When Andrea huffed and returned to finishing up cleaning the dishes, Niall turned to Katie with a smile stretched across his face.

“Hey babes.”

Katie walked towards the kitchen counter and grabbed an apple from the fruit basket.

“Hey.” She smiled back, taking a bite of her apple. “Where is everyone?”

Katie had to admit, a part of her was curious to the whereabouts of Zayn, Liam and Louis were but she was really asking to find out where Harry had stalked off to.

“Liam and Zayn went for one last walk on the beach and I don’t know about Haz and Lou, Harry told Lou he needed to talk to him so I think they’re down the hall in Louis’ room.” He shrugged.

Niall flopped down on the couch and began flipping through channels on the TV as Katie stood there in bewilderment. Why had Harry run out on her so suddenly? Has she said something wrong? Did he regret what happened last night?