Chapter 10

Clara's bedroom

Clara's PoV

I honestly didn't know what to say to Leo after his speech in my fathers office, all I knew he was telling the truth as I saw no lie hidden within his eyes, I couldn't help the tears fall from my eyes at hearing his worlds knowing that he will do whatever it takes to make me happy and for this loneliness to go away.

The mate bond was now connected after we had shared that first look into each other's eyes, it was like nobody else mattered  but me and him in the moment like we was the only two around, it was like the whole world stood still stopping time. As his hands touched my face electricity sparks was felt as his hands was on my face, I couldn't help but love the feeling of how his hands felt up on my face, in that moment all my worries about having a mate that would hurt me like my father hurt my mother was no more.

All my life I have felt like I'm the odd one out that I'm stuck in middle of everything, but now I felt the love coming of him in waves, I felt that it was my time to shine, my time to put me first with Leo standing by my side.

"So princess now are you going to tell me why you tried so hard to avoid the mate bond" Leo asked I guess he had a right to know my reason after all.

"I think you should get comfortable first" he takes of his shoes and climbs on my bed pulling me into his arms as he leans his back against the headboard. I couldn't help laugh at him as he does this I mean I guess I've never cuddled another guy who wasn't family.

"What's got you all laughing and smiling"  goddess his so sexy and clueless.

"You know how your the first guy to ever cuddle me and make me feel protected and safe who always ain't family"

"I'm happy you feel that way princess, you should know your always my first two but seriously why did you try to deny the mate bond" I guess here goes nothing.

" I guess you could say it had a lot to do with my mothers story's about how father treated her at the beginning of their relationship, I know that not everyone is the same but I feared that what if history repeated itself and I ended up like my mother, I was scared that I would be hurt in so many ways that I didn't want to have a soulmate, all my life I have felt so alone like I'm stuck in the middle of my brother and sister, them getting all the attention from everyone there was no jealously as I know our parents loves us all the same, I guess when I turned a teenager I shut myself away from everyone telling myself I would always be alone, that way I could never get hurt by anyone and have my heart broken I guess all along that's all I've ever being afraid of my heart breaking and I will never be able to feel whole again" I could see that it pained him to hear what I truly felt all this time but I had to be honest with him no matter how hard it was to hear.

"I'm so sorry you have had to feel like this for so long but I will never break your heart, goddess you could do whatever you wanted to me but that still wouldn't changed the fact I would not hurt you, never think that baby girl never, you are all I have ever dreamed of having by my side always and forever i am your and you are mine"

"You promise me that we will always be forever and always"

"I promise princess forever and always"

"Then I am yours and you our mine" I say closing my eyes feeling nothing but love and like this was home this was way I felt safe in the arms of my unwanted mate, I could slowly feel the darkness take over but not before I heard the words that Leo spoke

"I love you already princess, sleep well my sleeping beauty"