Chapter 5

Leo Reed

Clara's PoV

Waking up this morning I couldn't help but wonder about my mate, I know I should at least give him a try but I couldn't because I was scared that the same thing that happened to my mother would happen to myself.

When I found out that he was Leo Reed (the soon-to-be alpha of the full moon pack) I was in shock as his father is known for being so heartless but yet not cruel. I guess a lot happens when you lose your mates.

Pulling out of my thoughts I hear a knock at my door before Cody walks in with his brotherly smile.

"Hey CC, how are you?"

"I'm ok I guess. What's up?" I could tell he wanted to talk to me about something as he never asks me how I am unless he wants something.

"Um, well I know you found your mate last night..."

"What are you talking about Cody?"

"CC stop playing stupid, I know ok? But what I don't know is why you aren't giving him a chance. Why did you run?!"

"He told you didn't he?"

"Yes he did, he really is a nice guy CC why can't you give him a chance?..."

"Look it's nothing to do with you Cody please just leave it!"

"No, I will not leave it and father said the same, Leo is coming and staying with you and in that time you will get to know him"

"WHAT?!?!?! You told father?! Why, why would you do that Cody? And to have him come stay? I will not give him my time out of my day, I don't want a mate, I just don't!" I couldn't help feeling hurt knowing Cody had told father without even talking to me and he had invited that idiot here.

"CC, I did it for you ok? You're my sister and I'm not going to sit back and allow you to spend your life alone, you are going to get to know him and once his time is up here you will be going back with him. You're his Luna CC, he needs you."

"Get out, GET OUT now!" I knew I upset Cody by kicking off this way but why couldn't they all understand I didn't want a mate, I just wanted to be on my own and travel around the world.

Why, just why moon goddess? Why pair me with an alpha, why not someone without a title so we could go places and live a life? I hate being the daughter of an alpha, the second born of triplets... I hate it all yet they can't see any of it...

Cody getting all the attention-being the next alpha, Charlotte also being in the spotlight-being the surprise miracle baby. Yet here I am stuck, stuck in the middle of it all, I was the odd one out I wasn't popular like the other two, I wasn't outgoing an bubble, I didn't crave attention by doing things they did.

Tears that rolled all the way down my face, warming my skin as I silently cried to myself. I didn't want any of this, all I wanted was to be on my own, like I have felt all my life.

*flashback*

It was a warm day outside, Charlotte and I were playing on the swings together, Raven-one of the pack children-came up to us and asked to join her and the others playing, Charlotte was instantly of the swings jumping around saying yes then running to the others. I was about to get up until Raven told me I wasn't welcome to join them. Then she was also running back to them, leaving me on my own as they run to play with the other children. I felt so alone as I let the tears fall"

*flashback over*

The only reason I am here is so that Cody and Charlotte have someone to talk to when they needed advice or when they are telling me what to do. I can't take this feeling anymore, so me being me I open my balcony door before I shift into my grey and white wolf Coco then jump out of the window and run into the forest. I was running off all my emotions, letting my wolf take full control.

All that runs in my mind is why...