Chapter 3

Pic of Jenny

Clara's PoV

We had arrived at the castle for the alphas ball after a half hour drive. I couldn't wait to see the King (my mothers uncle) he was the kindest person I've known as a King, always spoiling us when ever he could!

As I walk into the ball room, I couldn't believe my eyes - it was like nothing I've seen before... pink lights lit up each wall and even the stage was lit up pink, tablets set out at each side, leaving the dance floor clear to those who would be dancing, the chandeliers hung low, lit with small candles. It looked absolutely breathtaking! My great uncle had truly out done himself this year.

"Doesn't it look magnificent?" I look around to see my great cousin, Jonny Young, the soon-to-be King.

"Yes, your father has really out done himself!" I watch as the alpha and Luna's interact with one another, all dressed in the most wonderful dresses and suits for the ball.

"Would you like to dance?"

"No, I'm good thank you, you know how I hate these things Jonny." I say smiling at him, while he laughs at me before walking away.  

Walking around as I watch everyone enjoying themselves, I see Cody hanging with the young alphas or soon to be alphas and enjoying himself, Charlotte hanging with the young daughters of the alphas, while eyeing the the guys up. Goddess what did I do to get stuck as a triplet to these two? They're so popular and outgoing. As a triplet you would think that we would think alike and be alike, but we ain't even close to be anything alike, well apart from Cody and Charlotte but I think that's why they don't see eye to eye.

I notice a door leading outside, so I decide to take a walk and get some fresh air. As I step out of the doors I'm hit was the most intoxicating, mouthwatering scent, pine and fresh forest, sending my wolf Coco in over drive jumping around excitedly.

I shut her out and ignore the scent as it drives my wolf crazy and go for a walk to my favourite place on the castle grounds.

As I arrive at the one place that I have always loved when coming to the castle, I take a look at the scene in front of me. Flowers growing so colourful... but of all kinds, the water so clear as it runs down the waterfall, the trees growing over the lake giving it a closed in feeling. It was so peaceful here, I could sit and think all day - just listening to the waterfall as the water hits the lake water, the birds chirping within the forest, after all, it was me and I was one with nature.

Suddenly I was brought out of my thoughts as I hear a twig snapping to my right, getting into an attacking position I look to where I heard the twig snap but I couldn't see anything, so let it go thinking it must have been a rabbit or something.

Then I was hit was the intoxicating scent again - my wolf wanting to come out but I turned to ignore the feeling, not wanting to know who is was and why he had followed. I could smell the smoke of a cigarette making me feel sick from the smell. That's when I heard his foot steps coming near.

"Mine!" I heard his husky voice say, sending shivers down my body, this can not be happening to me right now.

"I am not yours nor am I anyone's, you will turn back round forget this happened!" I didn't turn to look at him as I spoke the words, I knew if I did and I looked into his eyes it would connect the mate pull and I didn't what that. I didn't care who is was, but knowing one of his bad habits just made me feel sick to my stomach already.

"You are mine, that sweet intoxicating scent of yours tells me so..."

"Look, I don't want you nor do I care who you are, just go leave me alone!" I say jumping up and running back to the castle with tears in my eyes, why... just why... why me? Goddess...