Chapter One- Price of Gold

"Please Capn', talk to us..." One of the men said as they saw their captain staring far ahead through his telescope. Pushing it closed with his palm, he turned towards his men before placing his hand upon the railing.

"I don't deserve that title..." He said to himself before looking proud to them. "We are here for one mission only-do I need to repeat the purpose of it?"

"No captain." They said in unison as he moved down the stairs and among his men.

"No blood, no carnage, no death." He instructed. "These weapons are for appearances only and anyone to take a life will be thrown off my ship to swim to Neverland as that is the ONLY place you shall be welcome."

"Yes Captain." They said in unison once more as they docked the ship and he moved to the dock. With the sextant at his side, he moved through the village, stopping as he saw how grand the castle had been. And for a mere second, a beautiful blonde princess caught his eye as he stared and looked to her, as she looked towards the water.

"Emma?" She turned from the window just as she saw the man below. Making her smirk, she turned to find her mother holding her dress for the night. A beautiful crimson gown with a glittered bodice and corset to match was set upon her bed as she kissed her forehead and turned to leave.

"How will I know?"

"How will you know what?"

"Who's the one?"

"Oh dear..." Snow paused. "When it comes to love, you just do. Your heart freezes and races at the same instance. Your stomach anxious and excited. Your hands tremble and become sweaty. Your lips quiver and your body quakes. But most of all, you will want to give everything to them-even your heart."

Emma nodded as she was kissed once more. Moving back to the window, she looked down to see the man had gone.

"Captain!" A voice caught Killian's attention as he turned to find Smee running after him with a bag of treasures. "Where do we go for these?"

"There is a shop at the end with the purple flag. Go there and bring the gold back to the ship."

"Of course." He said as he nodded. "And Smee....keep an eye on the others..."

"Aye aye." He turned and scurried to the building before taking the door and pulling it open as Killian continued to walk forward. Making his way before the castle, he walked past the main gates to find it heavily guarded. Men with heavy armor and mean glares looked to him as he passed. Making his way to the opposite side of town, he took a deep breath before entering a bar and taking a seat at the edge.

"I'm here to see Blackbeard." He said with a stern expression.

The bar hand motioned to a table in the back that was suddenly overcome with a loud clang as the man stood up and hit his cup hard on the wooden table. Upon seeing Killian, he motioned to him.

"If it is not the navy-pirate?"

"I came to ask you something."

"You came quite a long way for just a question."

"Can we talk in private?"

"Sure." He began walking towards the back before pushing aside a curtain and closing the duo off from the rest of the tavern. "What is it that I can help you with?" He asked with little interest.

"My brother was killed...by a faux task we were sent on. A supposed miracle plant...but were were lied to about its properties. Properties that killed instead of healed and my brother was a victim."

"Why are you coming to me? to tell me a sad story? To make me cry? You will have to try better."

"I am coming to you to ask for your ship."

"My ship? Whatever for?"

"You have the fastest crew in all the lands. You also have the best men. I am going to be gaining immense sums of gold within the hour and will gladly give you them for your ship..."

"Of course not! No gold is worth my ship!" He spoke before Killian could argue. "How could my ship help you?"

"I plan to take revenge on the King who sent us to that place. I need to get away quick...your ship is the only chance I have."

"I cannot offer you my ship for gold I can obtain myself. It would be an uneven bargain...but...I see you have something at your side..."

"No. This was my brothers."

"What is more important? Your revenge or your item there?"

"It is all I have left of him."

"A sentimental pirate? That must be a first."

"Killian moved from the tavern with anger, kicking a barrel and breaking it open, sending its contents down the hill before continuing forward. Upon moving, he ran into Smee who held bags of gold coins in his hands.

"Where are we meeting him?"

"We aren't. He didn't accept the gold, he wanted the sextant."

"And you didn't give it?"

"Of course I didn't." He took Smee by the collar, forcing him to drop the bags. "You will never question my authority again, understood?"

The small man began to shake at Killian's wrath before he released him. "yes sir-captain." Killian nodded as he moved himself towards a fountain beside a strip of street carts offering goods ranging from scarves to jewelry. As he saw, a woman in a red cape caught his eye. Her long blonde hair peaked from the gaps in the hood as she moved almost like an angel through the crowds. He was taken with her as she removed the hood to expose her face. Her beautiful green eyes had him in a trance although she had not looked to him. Her full and slightly agape mouth had his lips quivering and her smile made him melt. Finding how he was becoming jello, he rose from his seat, gaining her attention as he turned and moved from her. But her curiosity grew the best of her as she followed him.