9. Lasers and Ladies

Start from the beginning

"You sure you want to?" I raise one of my eyebrows, and he nods his head. What would his objectives be for coming with me? I thought he hated Ariel. I bet he still does. I bet this is all an act, because I sure know he's one hell of an actor.

"Why not?" He shrugs, pulling off a maniacal grin all the while. He's obviously hiding something. Question is, what?

"I just thought you're not the biggest fan of Ariel Herman…" I buckle the seatbelt at my hip, and wait for him to ignite the engine, itching to get away from here and off the topic.

"Yeah, whatever. You hungry?" He slips the key in the lock, and the car buzzes to life.

"I could eat." I stretch out in the little space I have, and my knee cracks, earning a smirk from Kenny. We take off down I road I hadn't traveled down before, and the next thing I know, I find myself waiting in line for McDonald's.

"Hello, welcome to McDonald's. Would you like to try our new milk frappe?" The automated sounding voice rattles on, sounding unclear and muffled.

"No thanks. We're just gonna drive around. Needed to do a U-turn. Sorry for wasting your time." He gushes into the speakerphone, and drives up a little ways until we come to the first window. What's he getting at? He didn't even order anything!

"What are you doing?" I hiss into his ear, as a dark, fairly plump woman appears at the window.

"Hi! We're just using this to turn around. Sorry for wasting your time." He smiles sweetly up at the annoyed cashier, and she waves him away with the flick of her weave. We drive down a little ways, and wait for the car in front of us to finish getting their order before coming up.

"Hi! 2 frappes, one large fry and two BLTs, is that right?" The man at the window smiles down at us, handing us a white and red baggie, stuffed to the brim with saturated fat filled goodies.

"Yup! That's correct! Have a good day!" Kenny trills, pulling away and into a stray parking space in the front lot.

"I can't believe you just did that…" I gawk at him, baffled by his recklessness.

"Really? Cause I could believe it." He laughs through a stuffed mouth, handing me a sandwich box.

"Kenny, that's illegal. Someone paid for this." I inspect the sandwich with a distasteful look and shoot him a disappointed glance.

"Just face it, Jenny. Anything that's fun most likely has a law against it." He shoves even more food into his already jam packed mouth, spewing crumbs everywhere. Glorious. A light rain of food floats down onto my hair, and I growl angrily.

"Yeah, but still." I frown, and take a minuscule bite of the slop that he calls 'food'. My taste buds explode in glee, and I moan in pleasure. Kenny looks at me with an intrigued yet amused expression, and scrubs his teeth clean of any debris with his finger. "Okay, I have to admit. This is pretty good."

"Yeah. Hey wait; what's that? Let me see it for a sec." His brows furrow, and he points to the sandwich mush in front of me. I look at it with horror, begging I didn't just swallow an insect or a hammer or something else.

"Why?! What's wrong with it?" I shriek, handing over the sandwich without another objection.

"Absolutely nothing." He chuckles, sinking his fangs into the luscious meat.

"Hey! That's mine!" I wrestle his free arm for my fattening treat, but he fends me off easily, noshing down on my burger! "Foul!"

"Nope. That is completely fair. You handed it over to me." He wags his finger in my face, gulping down the final bite.