Chapter 34 - Please Stay

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"But can I ask you a question?"

"Yes." he answered.

"Why did you lie to me about Katherine?"

"I wasn't laying...."

"Stefan..." she sighed, "I know Katherine went back to Germany that day after the party at Theo's place. So, tell me why? Please?"

"I..." he couldn't find words to start his sentence. He lied to her because he heard her saying she wanted to make things work. She wanted to stay married to him, she wanted to be his wife.

And he wanted it too, he wanted her so much to call him her husband and cling to him, she had no idea how much he wanted her.

But he couldn't compete with Indigo Pharma. Sooner or later she would regret her decision and left him anyway, so may as well he stopped her before she started to talk him out of his plan.

And the only thing that came into his mind was how much Kara disliked Katherine and he figured that hurting her would stop her from chasing him. It would be easier for him to leave and move on.

He thought he was, till now when she stood there looking nothing but beautiful in her so feminine red dress that slightly covered her knees. Her white high heels matched her hand bag and her chocolate hair was ponytailed behind her head. She wore thin make up showing off her natural beauty.

She lose a little weight though but if he hadn't live with her for six month he wouldn't notice. And her eyes slightly swollen and he didn't know why, he didn't dare to think that she was crying over him....

Could she?

"I can't believe you lie to me Stefan. For what?" she shook her head and her ponytail moved from side to side.

"I am sorry...." He looked down, couldn't bear staring at her face. She was sad, maybe disappointed.

He was supposed to be strong and mean if he wanted to keep the conversation short.

He should just tell her to leave but he couldn't. He missed her and he wanted to see her face a little longer. Besides the way she dressed and talked to him today was different. She looked vulnerable and gentle and Stefan was back to square one. So much for trying to stop himself from loving her, now he fell even deeper and he didn't know how to get out.

She nodded, deciding to let it go. She then took steps forward, closing the gap between them, "and about what you said it was just sex....."

Oh god..... Stefan cursed himself. It was the most cruel, rude and mean words he could ever said to a woman especially the woman that he loved so much till he sacrificed himself for her happiness.

He was a jerk, nothing more!

"I am sorry Kara, I shouldn't....." he wanted to apologise but he stopped midsentence as she placed her index finger on his lips.

He closed his eyes, savouring her touch that was careful and gentle. And when he opened them he saw her watching him intently.

Her lips parted and she started talking, "it was more than sex to me..." she whispered. "I was making love to you Stefan. Every single time...." She said, her eyes gazed at him tenderly and now her fingers moved to caress his cheek. "Every single time...."

He lost for words, he stared at her half froze, didn't know what to do or say. He kept his hands in his pockets too afraid to touch her because he knew if he did, he wouldn't be able to let her go.

He thought she would yell at him or slap him or whatever it was to hurt him but instead all she said was admission.

She brought her hand down and rested her palm on his chest, "I am in love with you Stefan," she continued, "since the day when I said I do or maybe way before that but I realised it too late and you were gone...." Now tears in her eyes, clearly remembering that day when he left her in this very penthouse three weeks ago. It hurt so much that she always cried when her mind brought it up.