Chapter 12

**Italics mean thoughts the character thought to his/herself.**

Kristen's POV

Everything was going quite well.  We arrived at the restaurant and took our seats.  "I must use the bathrooms.  I'll be right back."  I said to the rest of the people sitting around me.  "Yeah, I gotta go, too." replied Sawyer.  Since he knew where he was going better than I did, I followed behind him to the restroom.   Once there, he stopped me just outside the door.  "What's up?"  I asked him, confused.  "Look, you've only been on 2 dates, well not even, with Joey.  Just keep your options open to other guys around you, ok?"  Sawyer said.  It was quite confusing, to be honest.  Was it supposed to be a helpful tip or a sort of pick up device?  "Thanks, but I'll live how I want to, and right now I just want to see where it goes with Joey."  Before he could respond, I ran into the bathroom.  He was probably trying to be helpful, I thought to myself.  He just wanted to prepare me for if something goes wrong.  That's all.  The more I thought, the more I convinced myself that he really was trying to be helpful.  Why am I even thinking about Sawyer liking me? I shouldn't even think about him.  Wait, do I have some sort of feelings for him? Sometimes, it's tough to be a girl.  You over think. A lot.  It's probably best to forget. I decided to follow my own advice and head back to dinner.  

Joey's POV

Sawyer came back from the restrooms before Kristen did.  When she finally returned, she seemed distracted and slightly upset.  I figured she was just thinking about something else, so I decided to focus my attention on normal conversation.  "So Alanna. have you seen much of L.A. yet?"  I asked.  "No, not really.  I've only been here a short while."  She replied.  "I really haven't either, honestly."  Kristen added.  They hadn't seen my city yet!  "Well shootity shoot shoot! We need to fix that.  Tomorrow at 10 A.M.  come to my place.  We will go on a tour."  Being from L.A., it was my duty to show the girls around the town.  "Cool!" They each replied.  "I'll come too.  I'm not busy."  Sawyer said.  Alanna's face lit up, but Kristen seemed to become cold.  "Hey, Kristen, can I talk to you just for a little secondanya."  I said to her.  Something was definitely wrong.  We walked out together to the front of the restaurant.  "What is going on?  You seem upset."  I was truly concerned for her.  "Nothing, really." She replied tersely.  "No, something is up, and I intend to find out what it is." I seemed a bit stern, but I had to know.  "Sawyer just said that I should not think about this going anywhere and that I need to keep my options open.  I don't know why he said it, either."  I was going to kill that guy.  "No!  Hell no!  You can focus on us, absolutely.  I really like us."