The Heartache

I had to tell him. I had to call it off, but my heart was screaming for me not to. I didn't want to, it was awful.

I felt the pain in my heart, and it stabbed me with ever step I took towards his house. April told me to do it, she knew that I really didn't want to, but she did it. Through my stubbornness and my think skull, she got through to me.

How she does that, I have no idea. It's just April. That amazing girl, she's always there for me, and I wish she was here. But this is something I had to do on my own.

"Pull yourself together." I mutter to my self, hugging my jumper tighter on this spitting night. the rain was getting harder, when I stopped at the corner under a street lamp.

I honestly look like a stalker right now. I'm staring into Tommy's lounge room window, and I see him there, sitting at the table with a smile on his face.

I have to wipe that off his face...

That was a horrible way to put it. God Elle, what the hell are you thinking?

But it's true...

Ok, voice of doubt and sorrow in my head, you better stop right now, I need to do this.

I wanted to bang on the door and throw myself into his arms and tell him I'm sorry, but I think that may be a not too subtle. If there is someone out there watching us, then we might be in trouble if I actually went to him.

So for now, this is the only way.

I pull out my phone, and click on Tonmy's number. It rings, and I see him answer it.

"Hey Elle. What's up?" He says and I could see a bright smile on his face. I couldn't say anything, but only sadly smile at his. "Elle?" He says and I see his face fall slightly.

"Hey..." I whisper into the phone almost losing my voice, holding back a sob.

His eyebrows furrow. "Is something wrong? You can tell me anything." He comforts, smiling on his end.

"I-I..." Stutter into the phone, trying to hold back my cries. "I Can't see you any more."

Tommy just chuckled into the phone, "we're at different houses, of Course we can't see each other." His smile makes this so much harder.

I slightly chuckle through my sob, if only it were that simple. "Tommy... we can't be together anymore..." The tears begins to stream down my cheek, though it would be hard to tell as it was mixed with the rain.

"Elle, you're not serious right?" He says slowly standing from the table, his look going from a happy smile to an almost emotionless one.

"Tommy..." I sniff, "I'm dangerous to you, we're dangerous. I don't want to see you get hurt." I hold back a new sob, though it seems to be stuck in my throat. Tommy's face looks like he was in denial, as he paced the length of his dining table.

"This has happened before though, we got through it. We can beat this, together." He tries to reason but I shake my head.

"This is something neither of us can get around. It's out of our control." I tell him, but I see him shake his head in disbelief.

"No! Elle, i'm going to fight for you. No matter what." He says, but his eyes narrow through the window, eyes licking with mine, and he takes off into a sprint out the door.

"You can't fight for, what you can't see." I say and I disappear, just before he comes bursting out the door.

Running as fast as he could, he made it to where I was, though he stood a few feet away. "Elle! No!" His eyes scanning the area, but I doubt he could see anything. "Please, don't do this!"

I cry at the tears falling down his face, "I have to," I say running my hand down his cheek in attempts to wipe away the tears, but I couldn't touch him. "I love you Tommy...promise me, you'll never forget that." I say, desperately wanting to hug him, to hold him, to kiss him and say that I will see him again one day, but I can't even guarantee that.

"I promise." His beautiful bluey, green eyes full sadness and betrayal. I didn't betray him, I didn't want to. I didn't want to let him go, but, if you love him, let him go.

"I'm sorry...good bye." I Whisper to him before hanging up.

I saw Tommy cry and it broke me inside. My heart snapped, pricing me inside. I can't believe I just did that to him.

I want to forget, I want it all to go away. But at the same time, I don't want to. They say pain makes you stronger, and that's what I'm going to use it as.

I will find him again one day. Maybe when he saves the world. But for now I have to walk away.

"I love you too Elle." He whispers, leaning against the lamp post. I freeze in my spot, slightly looking over my shoulder but I shake it off.

I let myself cry, with the tears falling down my cheek, though, you could wouldn't notice, as they were washed away with the rain.