Oranges

Guys! We reached four thousand views! I can't thank you enough! And I can't believe you're still reading this!
...

"You dreamt about the end of humanity? You do realise how crazy that sounds?" I tell her.

We had woken up fairly early that morning, and we were making breakfast. I was on bacon and egg duty and April was in charge of making the juice from freshly picked oranges from Mrs Potts' garden. She gave them to us of course, we didn't steal them. who would be heartless enough to steal from an old lady?

"Well, so does the idea of me turning into a water demon, and yet it happened." She says trying to use her powers to extract the juice from those oranges.

"But that already happened, it seems to me like you tapped into your "other" selfs memories through your subconscious. Maybe the only reason you couldn't remember what happened that night is because it was locked in your subconscious. Events like that I can believe, because you've lived through them. But dreaming of the future? Come on, that's a tough one." I say as I flip the pieces of bacon over, and then flip the two eggs.

April sighed because of two reasons. One, I didn't believe her, and two, she couldn't get it to work. "Maybe you're right, but my gut's telling me something different." She says closing her eyes and waving her hand from he position of the cup, to the position of the Orange. And just like that, small bits of liquid begin to seep out of the slice of orange and follow her trail into the cup, and once the Orange was dried, she stopped it with a smile.

"How do you have such a good control of your powers?" I ask, as I hear the bacon beginning to sizzle, and in one flick of the wrist later, they were all on the plate and ready to be devoured. And they smelt amazing! I honestly can't live this stuff, and I'm probably ticking off any vegans or vegetarians out there. sorry guys, but...its bacon.

"I don't know..." April ponders bringing over the drinks. "I just kinda connect with what ever I'm trying to manipulate. So that I'm more of a guide, rather then a master ." She tried to explain.

I allow her words to sink in before I get an idea of my own. "So it's like milking a cow, if you're nice to it, it'll let you milk it, but if you try to force it then it won't give you any milk." I say and she looks at me with a strange expression.

"Yeah...something like that." April slowly says as a chuckle escaped her lips. It was pleasant to hear her laugh like that, it just feels so calming and totally natural for her, and I wish that everyone was more like that, but that would mean that April wouldn't be as unique as she is.

We eat our breakfast fairly quickly because we know that we've Hoyt's get to school pretty soon, and if we want to make it on time, I suggest that we go fast.

April seemed to acknowledge my reasoning behind eating fast and follows in my example. Five minutes cleaning the plates and fifteen minutes actually walking to school later, we...well, arrived at school. I've been going to this high school for three and a half years, and I swear I know every nook and cranny, but I've got a weird feeling that I won't be going here for long. It's probably the creeping fact that I'm in year 11 next year, and I'll be 16, and it'll just be something completely new for me.

"Hey girls!" A very familiar voice calls from behind us, and I bet you guessed that it was Tommy.

"Hi!" April replies but I couldn't seem to find my words, I just smiled and nodded my head in recognition.

"Are you feeling ok Elle? Maybe you shouldn't be at school today." Tommy rants on about it.

I smile and give hold his hands. "Really, I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me." Tommy and April just look at one another before looking back to me with an expression that read 'are-you-kidding-me?' I can't help but laugh at them. "You guys are mean."

They both chuckle too as we head into the building to our classes for them morning.