They're following

April P.O.V

"Sorry guys! I've gotta run! I'll see you all tomorrow!" I shout to Elle and Tommy before running to grab my blue and pink bag from next to the door, but then I remember something I forgot to ask those two. "There's one more thing. They were having a festival in Odessa next weekend. I think we should all go!" I say excitedly

"Sounds good April! Bye!" I hear Elle call out as I quickly run through the door. Oh dear, Jo is gonna be so mad that I'm late. She may not be my actual mum, but she sure acts like it.

It was getting pretty late, and here the sky turns dark fast. The blueness of the sky was being replaced by tiny bits of orange and pink but a majority of the sky was a dark blue signalling that night was coming.

I head to the west side of town, which is we're I'm living now. But to get there, you have to pass through the bad side of town. This is where the drunkards and the drug dealers like to hide as a majority of the street lights are broken and they can do what they want in the dark.

As I walk past the park, I notice that there were people in there. But it's not the usual couple having a romantic stroll in the almost dark sky, no, these were shady men, staring directly at me with greedy eyes. I quickly look away as our eyes meet, but that just urges them on as they leave the comfort of the park and begin to follow me, or I assume that they do. I take a quick turn to the left and fiddle around with my bracelet. My brother gave this to, for my birthday before we were separated. There was one charm on it, a silver water drop, he knew about my powers, so did my family, but Jo and her family don't. There have been so many times I wanted to tell Dennis, their little kid but I'm still scared. I'm scared that they won't want me in their home and that they'll kick me out for having dangerous powers. More and more evos now days are showing their powers, but still the world is scared.

And I'm starting to be now as I notice in the reflection of Windows on the passing shops that rather then two guys being there, there were now three. I swing my bag around to grab it out of my front pocket, but it wasn't there, no was it in my shorts pockets either, I only found my Sun Kissed card and my paver. Crap, I must have left it at Elle's place. Good going April, I can't believe you forgot the one thing you desperately need in a life or death situation. I was probably too caught up on the fact that Tommy put a flower in my hair

I quicken my pace trying to make sure that I don't look to suspicious, but I still notice that they're following me. This is going to be the one time that I'm glad that Jo will go crazy. Maybe Elle will look for me? I hope she has a sharp eye.

I un-clasp the chain from around my left wrist and hold it tight. I'm sorry Kenn, I'll find it again, I promise. I begin to run and let my right hand loose and feels as the cold chain left my grasp. It was almost immediately I could hear the sets of thundering footsteps racing after me down the side walk.

As I turn the corner, my natural instincts take over as there was a large body in the way, swooping his arms as if to catch me. In stead, I scream and run the opposite way, dropping my pacer as a means of another trail.

Come on Elle, I hope you find this.