From the Heart

Still April P.O.V

"Elle, I love you!" Tommy shouts to her, and I can't help but feel that slight pang of hurt in my heart. But this was something I knew wasn't meant to be. I always thought that it was going to be those two, I could see it in Elle's smile when she talked about him, and in Tommy's eyes when he saw her. That glint I could only hope of finding again one day, but for now I can only watch on. "And I'm not going to lose you!" He says as Elle's chest begins to disappear.

There were tears in my eyes, at the thought of loosing my best friend, and seeing her in this state. But I got the feeling that this was something she had to on her own, or with Tommy's help at least, the last visible part of Elle which remained was her face, her green eyes laced with fear, dampened by unshed tears. Just with one final movement, the two kissed.

I swear that it was a fairy tale moment, like when Snow White kisses price Charming or Tiana kisses Naveen, it was like he broke a spell which was practically magical. Elle glowed temporarily in a yellow light before retuning to her old self.

I was happy for those two, but slightly awkward at the same time, considering I'm standing her watching them kiss, so I turn around and look at everything but them.

...
Elle P.O.V
...

Whatever just happened, I liked it. And no, I'm not referring to the kiss but rather, the what the kiss provoked. Hope. Hope for a better future, and happiness for today, and the belief in myself that I can keep on fighting, no matter the risks at stake. It was after that, I just stopped Bing scared.

Sure there was that haunting feeling in the back of my mind that things could easily go wrong and these two could turn up dead, but now I have something extra to fight for. My friends and family are what keeps me going, and I've gotta keep them going too.

After Tommy had pulled out of the kiss, we were both breathing heavily. Who knew that a kiss like that would require so much energy.

"I'm not going anywhere just yet. I love you too Tommy,"  I smile-smirk at him before throwing my arms around his shoulders and giving him a massive hug. "Thank you." I whisper in his ear as I hugged him tighter.

A dainty cough caught my attention as well. When i opened my eyes, I saw April standing there, tears in her eyes but he massive smile on her face. I pull out of the hug with Tommy and do the same to her, engulfing her in a big hug which she gladly returns.

"You had me so worried!" She says, before holding me at arms length. "But, what was going on, why were you avoiding us?" She asks.

Well, I guess they do have a right to know. I glanced at the hallway clock, which read 10:30. Well, it has been about 12 hours, I think I did pretty well. "I will tell you, just not here." I say looking at the closest empty classroom and drag the two inside. This was the Japanese room, I used to have my Jap class here.

"So tell us what's going on." Tommy demanded. I was taken back by his sudden forcefulness but it only phased me for a moment.

"Last night, after I left Aprils place...I was followed. This guy, I couldn't even see his face but he held me at gun point. He told me that I had to stay away from you two, other wise you'd both be killed." I recap.

"So that's why you were avoiding us..." April realises.

"Yeah, so I'm sorry guys but I really can't be here with you now." I say trying to leave the room but Tommy grabs my forearm.

"You're not running away. We're fighting this, together. We're not going to abandon you." He says with his eyes full of hope. I wish that he keeps that hot for the rest of his life. He's do great things with it one day, I just know it. I think he could even save the world.

"I'm sorry but I..." April cuts me off.

"You can make it up to us but coming to Odessa on Friday for the celebration. You aren't getting away that easy." She says with a small smirk on her face.

"But you could get killed!" I retaliate.

"We're willing to risk it." Tommy says.

I smile. "Why do I have such great friends?"