Frost, Ballond and Smoke

"This is amazing!" I exclaim turning to April, "I bet you could do that!" I tell her and her thoughtful look returns to her eyes.

"Now that I've seen the flow of things, maybe I can." She says as she begins to Approach the guy at the table. "That was amazing!" She praises him and he smiles with thanks.

"Thanks, it's nice not to live in fear, we all have to show what we're made of every now and again." He says and April nods eagerly.

"Do you by any chance have some water left?" She asks sweetly. The man look at he with curiosity but obliges with her request.

"Here you go." He says opening the drink bottle lid and pushing it towards her. "Show me what you can do." He says.

I nod slightly at April when she looks at me, silently telling her that  it's ok to go ahead. She turns to Dennis too and he does the same kind of thing. The whole crowd was interested in what April was going to do, heck, I am and so are Jo and Luke.

"Ok, here I go." She says calming her self by closing her eyes and spreading her hands around the bottle. And slowly two beams of water arose, they were small, but very clear. April opens her eyes with amazement and smiles happily. She then makes the two beams spiral around one another, climbing for the sky.

It was amazing, it was basically dancing water. I'm so proud that April was finally getting a hold of her powers. Though, I think she has the best control over them when she's happy. The two beams float around the sky, similar to how a Chinese dragon would fly across the sky before she made them crash into one another.

At diary I had expected it to come raining down on us with water, but instead we got snow. She did it, she reined water into snow. The crowd cheered for April and she blushed slightly at the praise. "It seems I've been beat." The guy says with a smile, not one of jealousy or envy, but a proud one.

Everyone was  congratulating her on her amazing display of her powers. Even Jo, Luke and Dennis were. "Wow, that was amazing April!" Jo exclaims, "I had no idea that's what you could do!"

April smiles thankfully, "thank you! It just kinda got intent eh flow of things and then I finally understood how to do it. I've been doing a bit of practice lately."

"Well, that was amazing." Luke adds in.

"You guys go and enjoy yourself. We'll watch Dennis for you!" April suggests and the two adults smile.

"Thanks, we'll just be here." Luke says sitting down at one of the nearby tables with his wife.

April and I stand with Dennis who is still amazed by the ice guy. "Hey, buddy, how's it going?" He asks Dennis, "You want me to freeze something?"

Dennis eagerly nods and pulls out the red balloon he collected on his way over here, "Freeze this." He says pushing his balloon the the guy.

"Okay, buddy. One more for you, all right?" He says getting ready to use his powers, but nothing happens. The balloon doesn't even have any frost on it. Actually, there was something in the air. And I felt like I couldn't use my powers. April and I look at one another with wide eyes.

April tried out her powers but there was no reaction from it, and I can see the panic in her eyes. "What's going on?" She panics as I try my own power but I get the same result, nothing.

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't kno...what the hell is that!?!" I stop mid sentence as a giant black unnatural cloud or smoke began to cover the area. I don't know why, but I know that, that thing is bad.

"Hold on!" April panics looking around her frantically, "Where's Dennis!" She shouts and I look around in a hurry too.

"My balloon." I hear Dennis's voice call through the crowd of running people.

"Look! He's over there!" I shout and run rafter the kid. He can't be running off in this crowd, especially in this type of panic. "Dennis!" I shout repeatedly trying to get the small boys attention as I push through the crowd.

April is doing the same, calling out to him and trying to push through the crowd who don't seem to realise what we're doing. I mean, Dennis's life could be at risk. "Dennis! April shouts even louder, but still he kept running.

"Denni-" I begin to shout but all within a second, there was a flash of light and heat, and the ground shook, and then, I couldn't see anything.