Mignight

I must have drifted off to sleep because it was pitch black in the house. I squinted to see the clock on the wall, it was about midnight. Man, I must have been tired.

I roll over and sit up, and find myself staring at the girl I had just rescued. She was staring at me with we wide blue eyes before she took in a deep breath and began to panic on the couch. She quickly stood up and had her hands in front of her, signalling for me to keep back. "Who are you and why did you bring me here?" She says.

I slowly stand up from my position on the floor. "Hey, it's ok. Im Elle, what's your name?" I say to her calmly. If I was in her position, I probably would have knocked someone put by now. But she's approaching this very calmly, which is very brave of her.

"Why did you bring me here?" She demands.

"You were hurt, I brought you back here so that I could fix you up. Now, can you tell me your name?" I ask.

She seemed satisfied with her answer, as she lowered her hands. "My name is April."

"It's nice to meet you April." I smile.

"Why did you help me?"

"Because," I raise my hand and make a flower appear on a tree, "I can't stand dicks who pick on people."

"You're,". She starts. "You're like me." She exclaims and I nod.

"You save me from getting hit in the back, so I thought I'd help you." I tell her. "Come, take a seat," I motion for her to sit down and she does. I dip the cloth back into the water and clean up any dry blood on her forehead.

"What happened to Jessy?" April asks and I look at her curiously.

"Jessy?"

"The guy I was in the alley with." She explains.

"Oh, right." I say. "After you hit him with your powers, he fell back unconscious, probably from hitting his had on the ground."

She begins to chuckle. "That was always a funny thing with him. It didn't matter how hard you hit him, he would always get back up, but he could cause so much damage to himself if he fell over."

I chuckled too. "Hahaha I noticed. He wouldn't stay down."

I saw her smirk. "Yeah, but I do feel bad for leaving him in an alleyway."

"Then what's with the almost happy look on your face?" I ask.

"Because I've wanted to do that for a long time. He was such a bad boyfriend. But it doesn't matter now." She smiles.

"Good, forget about people like that, they will only be a pain in he ass." I say.

She laughs at my comment. "Yeah, that's good advice to live by."

"Well," I say standing up. "You're welcome to crash here for the night. Do you have anywhere go go after though, like your parents?"

Her face falls with sadness. "I did," she pauses, "a few weeks ago. Our please was raided by these men, I didn't know what do to. My older brother to me to run, I didn't want to but he said he would be right behind me." She looks to the ground.

"I'm going To guess he wasn't."

She shook her head. "I ran for my life, but those guys still came after me, then I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden, I wasn't me any more and it helped me to get away. I went back home the next day but there was no sign of anyone. I don't know what happened to my parents, and I don't know where my brother is."

"What do you mean you weren't you?"

She looks to the ground confused. "That's the thing, I don't know what it was, but it wasn't me. I didn't feel like I would normally and I kinda blacked out escaping the whole thing. When I came to, I was in an alleyway."

I don't really know how to respond. I mean, she kinda went through what I did, but even I  know how to handle it, let alone comfort her.

"Come on, we've had a long day, how about you take my bed and I'll crash on the couch." I tell her offering her a hand up from the couch.

"Thank you." She says as I lead her to my room, or well it was really Ambers room. "Good night."

"Night."

...
Guys, please let me know if this is betting too boring for you! And if there is anything you want to see, or a situation you might want them to get into ❤️