Bike

It took April and I another ten minutes of walking before we reached her house. It was getting really dark out, as it was nearing 9 at nights, and things here get pretty dark quickly.

Her house, or Jo and Luke's house should I say was a large, and what looks to be blue and white double story house. As we walked up the paved path, I noticed a small bike out side on the lawn. I guess they have a kid here, well one smaller then April.

When we reached the other end of the path, April didn't hesitate to open the door and hoo straight in. When I walked in, I was hit with the smell of spaghetti, cooked recently I imagine. The entrance had a small table, with a small vase of a mixture of smaller sized flowers, such as primroses, violets and morning stars.

In front, there was a corridor leading straight into other rooms, where as off to the right of that, was the stairs to the next floor. I could see that April was urgent when it came to finding her family, or her guardians really. She raced down the corridor and took a sharp left into what I assume is the living room. There, was a TV in there, shiny and it looked like it was pretty new. There were two arm chairs and one long couch, deep brown in colour, but more importantly, there was a person sitting there.

A man, was sitting in his arm chair, elbows rested on his tapping knee and his head in his hands. He had short brown hair, and a slight stubble on his chin. He look straight up and his blue eyes widen with relief, beige she stands up and engulfs April in a hug. "April!" He says, "you're ok!"

"Luke! I'm so glad to see you!" Aprils hugs back.

The sound of footsteps could be heard racing down the stairs and straight into the living room. Whoever it was reached the, door way and smiled. "Oh my god! You're OK!" She shouts in a thick British Accent. This was Jo, I can recognise her voice from the telephone. She had a fuzzy black haired afro, a black singlet on and black and white pyjama bottoms on.

"Yes, I'm fine." She says with a big smile on her face. It really looks like she was happy to be home.

Jo turns to me, "and you must be Elle. I can't thank you enough for finding her."

"No problem, I'm just glad I did."

Jo then turns back to April, "
what happened? Where were you?" She ask placing a hand on the side of her face.

The blonde gets a dull look in her eyes. "I think you'd better sit down." She says sitting on the long couch opposite Jo.

"Why? What's the matter?" She asks. Luke looks to me for an explanation, but I look from him to April, telling him to keep his focus on her.

April preps herself by taking a deep breath. "I was kidnapped." She says and she braces for impact.

"You what?!" Jo shout.

"How could that happen?" Luke adds on.

April sadly looks to the ground. "I don't really remember, they drugged me with something, but I left a trail for Elle to follow, and she did."

"Oh my..." Jo gasps. "But why would they kidnap you?" She hits the million dollar question.

I see her shoulders rise and fall from another deep breath. "There's something I haven't told you guys yet...I'm an Evo." There was no reaction, the room was just silent. "I know I should have told you, but I was so scared, and I didn't want you guys to throw me out." She says on the brink of tears.

Luke rubs her back comfortingly, "we wouldn't throw you out. We also have something we haven't told you." He says, "Dennis is an Evo too."

Ok, who's Dennis? I don't remember April talking about anyone called Denis. I then suddenly get a look of regret from both Luke and Jo, and I realise why. "Oh, don't worry, I'm one too."