Christmas/New Years Treat

Start from the beginning

Is the word no has multiple meaning?

I scowled at her next text and sighed after reading.

This is the last time. Please, Seven.

Last time. I felt guilty in meeting her secretly but I don't want my girl involve in this. She didn't have to know my dark past.

Pagkababa ko ng limo ay pumasok agad ako sa restaurant. This was her favorite restaurant before. This was were we secretly meet up or date. It was happy at first. At least for me.

"Make it quick. I need to be somewhere."

"Salamat sa pagpunta—"

"I said make it quick." I said emotionless.

"Fine." She breathe tiredly. "Come with me, Seven. Please. You know the situation. I need you so please. This is the last time. I promise. Just hear me out."

"No. If that's all. I'll leave." I stood up, prepared to leave when she spoke.

"Bakit ganun nalang sa'yo kadaling itapon ang lahat. Where's the guy that I know? You've change, Seven but the hell! I don't care! All I'm asking is a bit of you're time."

I smirked and glared at her. She was looking at me, shocked. What? Did she expect me that I'd say yes? "You're right. It's easy to throw everything like how I was discarded easily."

"I'm sorry..."

"I'm not." Mabilis kong sagot. "Because of what happened, I learned how to determine what was relevant and not in my life. I learned to make decisions I won't regret. To cherish what's good and disregard the bad and to love the person who's worth loving for, not some woman who only loved herself most."

"You don't have the right to say that." She seethed.

"And you don't have the right to tell me what to do."

With my last words, I left. Leaving her and leaving the past I was trying to forget but failed when I took a last glance at her over my shoulder when I was about to exit the place.

Umiiyak siya. She was staring at the table, silently crying.

My chest started to feel that heavy feeling every time I walk away from her. It gets heavier and painful with every moment that I didn't realize that I was walking back to her.

Ibinigay ko ang panyo ko sa kanya. She was shocked as I was but I remained cool. Ngumiti siya at tinanggap.

"There's still the old Seven in you." Sabi niya matapos magpunas ng luha.

"I only changed, Eloise. Never replaced."

Tuluyan na kong umalis. I kept walking, not answering to her callings.

Damn! I need to get out of here fast. I'm afraid that I'll say yes the moment I see her again. Like how it was before.

You're just so clingy and annoying. I need a man in my life not a child. Grow-up, Seven. Prove that you're already an mature man by accepting that this between us is over.  Ikakasal na ko at mahal ko siya. Don't chase me dahil hinding hindi na ko babalik sa'yo. We. Are. Done.