76

"What are you doing?" Harry asks when he first comes in the room. "Why aren't you in bed?"

Zayn looks at Harry and sees him wearing only a pair of boxers while he dries his hair with a towel. "I was just... looking at your desk." He answers. It's the first time he's gotten a really good look at his desk. All the times he's seen him carving into it with his metal piece, he thought he was drawing something more detailed. But it's  nothing but his name over and over again in different designs and sizes. That's all Harry has ever carved into it.

"Oh. It's okay to lie down, you know."

"Yeah, I know."

Harry comes over to him, stands behind him, putting his hands on his waist. "Come on, babe. Let's lie down for now. I went downstairs while you were in the shower and told my dad to order all three of us pizza. And he did."

"He... he knows I'm up here?" Zayn asks.

"Yeah, I told him."

Zayn gulps.

"If you're scared that he knows what we did, don't be. Because I don't think he does. But even if he did, he doesn't care. He has never cared about who or what gender I like. He's a great dad and I'm lucky to have him."

Zayn plays with one of his sleeves when he feels a finger on his chin. Harry turns him backward to face him and he leans down and kisses Zayn. Though Zayn knows it's not particularly for the plan anymore, he does kiss back anyway.

"Is it me or are your kisses exactly what I  need?" Harry coos as he pecks his temple.

"It's you." Zayn ignores his acclaim and he goes over to the bed where he sits in the middle of it. "I have a question for you, Harry."

"What?"

He tries to smile and sound playful even though this is strictly business. "I want to hang out with you on Sunday."

Harry looks surprised. "Really?"

"Yeah, and... I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with me too?"

He comes over and sits down next to Zayn. "Uh, sure... what are we doing?"

Zayn takes a deep breath. I can't believe I'm doing this. "You know the bridge that crosses the river? The old one that leads to the abandoned fish shop?"

"Uh... yeah."

"I want to go there."

Harry is confused. "Why the old bridge? No one else uses it anymore."

"That's why... Less people. I want us to be alone."

Harry smiles. "Ooh, I like it. So, what time then? Two o'clock, three o'clock?"

"Nine."

"At night? Why? And how are you even going to get there?"

"It's only a twenty minute walk from my house. So that's what I'll do. I'll walk."

"I don't know, Zayn. That worries me. Nothing good ever happens when it's late at night like that. You're only sixteen. You shouldn't be walking anywhere by yourself. And I'm still young too. I would really love to get to school unharmed on Monday." He grins, making Zayn grin too.

"I promise you I'm going to be fine, Harry." Zayn mumbles quietly.

"Oh yeah, and what about me? What's my fate?" He asks.

Zayn chooses his words carefully. "Don't worry. You'll be right along side me."

"Hmm. Right where I want to be." Harry chuckles and tackles Zayn backward on the bed so that he's lying on top of him in between his legs. "It's a plan then, princess." He's talking with his lips barely grazing against Zayn's.

"I'm not a princess."

"Yes you are. You're my princess. So that makes me your prince. Right?"

"No, not really."

"Yes, really. Now come on. I'll be satified when I hear you say it."

"No."

"Come on." He begs.

"I said no."

"Tell me." Harry growls playfully and he squeezes Zayn's side so that Zayn can't help but laugh out loud. "Alright, alright! You are. Just don't do that again. I'm serious."

"Mhm. That's what I thought." He leans in and finally moves his lips simultaneously with the boy below so they are kissing so fervently and passionately, with Zayn wrapping his arms around him. And Zayn, though he is well aware it is no longer about the plan anymore, he continues this way, humming in the kiss over and over again and doesn't give it a second thought. All the while, the two of them are so engrossed in their clashing tongues, they are totally unaware Harry's foster dad has just stepped into the doorway and getting ready to tell them the pizza is here.