30

Zayn hasn't been sleeping well at night. Ever since he woke up in Harry's car on New Years, that night has played in the back of his mind and making him cringe. He's been falling asleep in school for the past few days since that seems to be the only place he can rest and he's been trying his best to avoid Harry.

But it's comical to genuinely think he can avoid him. Because he is Harry Styles. He isn't going to avoid him. Not successfully.

Harry sees him on the side of the road, walking home from school. When Harry's car stops, Zayn is basically forced into it. He wonders if anyone saw it and will report Harry for kidnapping. That would be nice. But again, for the one millionth time, people never see Harry Styles. Either that, or they're just pretending not to see because he is Zayn Malik.

As the car pulls off, Zayn notices that Harry isn't too happy today. In fact, he looks rather pissed. Zayn guesses it's because he doesn't like that he's been avoiding him and all he can think of is the worst consequences to be imagined. He's learned to assume the worse with Harry. That way he's never disappointed.

However, when they reach Harry's house and go inside, "the worst" is far from what's happening. Instead, he's being lead to the living room and over to the couch where Harry sits down and pulls him on top of him. Every muscle in Zayn's body tenses, but he keeps quiet and he just waits.

He waits for Harry to say something.

He waits for Harry to make him do something.

He waits for Harry to threaten him.

Something. Because Harry doesn't go without doing or saying anything.

But nothing happens. It's just silence and steady breathing. And he feels obligated to ask. "Harry?"

"What?"

"Do you... Did you want me to do something for you? Am I here for a reason?"

But to his surprise, Harry shakes his head and rubs Zayn's back soothingly. "No. I just really wanted you here with me today."