17

Zayn hates how the first thing at dinner his mom points out are the marks Harry left on him. Apparently he didn't do a very good job of hiding them from her. She'd seen them as he tried to slip past.

"Are you having sex, Zayn?" She asks and her voice is stern, having been upset from a couple minutes ago when Zayn had been trying to play dumb and dismiss it by not answering her questions.

"No, mom." He lies.

"Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

She gives him a look as if she doesn't believe him. "No babies in my house Zayn. I mean it. I won't be taking care of them."

"There won't be any."

"Then you tell that little girl of yours to keep her hands off." But then she notices the twitch in his eye, the hesitation in his reply and the way his breathing changes. It's not a lot but, she knows.

"Is it a girl, Zayn?"

He's not going to "come right out" and tell her the truth. But at the same time, he doesn't want to lie. He knows exactly how she'd feel if it weren't a girl. She won't except it. She'll probably disown him simply for the fact that she's always known he was different, but has never wanted to believe it.

"You know what? Don't tell me. I don't want to know. I'm just going to warn you not to bring him in my house or you'll be sorry. I don't want to see any marks on you from him and you better not get any STD's either. "

STD's? Stereotypes... Zayn's hates them. Girls can carry STD's too...

The rest of dinner is quiet but the awkwardness doesn't compare to the guilt he now feels that his mother would never except the very thing he's hiding.

→→→→→

"Where'd you get that from?" Zayn hears when he's sitting in the cafeteria the next day.

He looks up to see Harry and his three friends.

It's the blue eyed one who is repeating himself. "I said where'd you get it? Who gave it to you?"

Zayn glances at Harry to see if he'll say anything. But he's standing back and watching them smugly.

"Whoever the girl is, I bet she's ugly." The blonde one says, making both the blue eyed one and the bearded one laugh.

"How do we know it's a girl?" Harry cuts in more so from being offended that he was just called ugly and a girl.

Zayn perks up a little inside. Is Harry about to take up for him?

"What do you mean?" One of them asks.

There's a pause.

"I mean..." Now Harry is correcting himself to take the suspicion away from himself. "It might not be a girl because Zayn's a homo."