Chapter 93 - The Story of Jack

Start from the beginning

"Michael."

I see Bill behind him as Michael turns around.

"We gotta talk."

LaToya's POV

Paul Walker.

Even though I met him only a few hours ago, the thought of his name makes me smile like an idiot. And I haven't had much to smile about in a long time. There was just something about his ocean blue eyes, and personality that seemed to pull me in.

I walk down the hall going to the spare room, furrowing my eyebrows and shakes my head picking out clothes for Paul.

I'm never getting pulled in again. That's how I ended up here in the first place.

*Flashback*

It was 1984 when I first met Jack Gordon. I was attending the Grammy's with my family showing support for Michael's album "Thriller". Janet, Rebbie, Brooke Shields, Michael, Manny, and I all sat together in the second row.

I sigh listening to Lionel Richie give an acceptance speech, and Michael chew on his gum nervously fidgeting in his seat.

"Toya..." Michael whispers to me adjusting his Ray Bans.

"That guy over there keeps staring at you."

I look in Michael's direction seeing an older man, in the the row across from us. He looks over at me and grins before looking away.

"Oh God, he's old.." I whisper as Michael puts a sequin gloved hand over his mouth, his shoulders shaking with laughter.

"Age ain't nothing but a number, girl." he teases.

"That's a big number..." I giggle softly shaking my head. "Show me someone young, and we'll talk."

Michael shifts in his seat looking at the man through his shades.

"He was following us when we came in." Michael whispers softly.

"Maybe he wants to work with you..."

"I doubt it. He has the hots for you." he snickers. "He hasn't stopped looking at you."

Later that night after Michael won eight awards, we went on the red carpet before heading to the after-parties.

I look out the corner of my eyes seeing the same man from earlier. He kept following us everywhere that night and finally approached my father, Joseph at the Grammy after party.

"Who is that?" Janet asks nodding towards Joseph and Jack.

"Toya's new boyfriend." Michael snickers pulling Brooke next to him.

I look over at Michael giving him a face, as Michael laughs sweetly.

"Come on Toy..." he giggles playfully. "He isn't that bad looking."

"Michael." Brooke hisses. " You can almost see hair coming out of his ears." she snorts, making Janet and I fall out laughing.

*End of flashback*

I sigh as I brush my hair back as I walk in the closet. I pull out a white t-shirt with light blue jeans that would match Paul's eyes.

I can't help but blush at the thought of him looking at me.

"Ohmygawd. What's wrong with me?"  I think to myself.

Paul is Jack's son.

He could be the same hot-tempered, manipulative, cruel....the devil's spawn.