Chapter 2

Jude

It was about three in the morning when I woke up to the sound of howling in my territory. I sniffed the air and made a face. The crimson pack. "Don't they ever learn?" I chuckled darkly to myself. Idiots. I was mind-linked by my beta.

'Crimson pack is attacking, Alpha.'

'Get the warriors and I'll inform the pack.' I mind-linked back to him. I mind linked the pack, 'We're under attack. The Crimson pack is back.' I heard I loud howl outside. I ran outside to find wolves from the crimson pack attacking my warriors. Soon after the rest of my pack joined. I slowly walked outside and snapped any wolves necks that tried to get in my way.

I walked up to one and pinned him against the wall of the pack house.  I smiled evilly at him. He looked like he was going to shit his pants."Where's your alpha?" I growled lowly at him and he shook with fear. He whimpered as I wrapped my hand around his neck. I put pressure on it when he didn't answer. I growled at him loudly. "He's arriving now with the Luna." He managed choke out. I snapped his neck and dropped the dead, lifeless body. My head snapped to two wolves.  I growled loudly as I saw them trying to pounce on my beta. There are the idiots. The alpha and Luna.

I shifted into my pitch black wolf and ran up to him.  As I was running, I jumped up so that I could pounce on him. As soon as I pounced in him, my beta jumped on top of the luna. I paid no more attention to them as the idiot in front of me got up. I barred my razor-sharp teeth at him. He snarled back and I started to challenge him by circling around him.

I snarled at him and he snarled right back. I quickly attacked him and I sunk my canines into his neck. I quickly ripped of a chunk of meat and I smirked internally as he quickly got up to run away. I then heard a she-wolf yelp, and I whipped my head around to see a black she-wolf being pinned down by my beta. The wolves started howling as they noticed their leaders fled. They started sprinting to back where they came from.

Cowards.

I quickly shifted and then I walked over to my beta, Jay, who had the black she-wolf pinned down and was close to sinking his teeth into her neck. Then my wolf began to growl and tremble in rage. "Mine!" I yelled and tackled Jay to the ground. "Dude!" he got up and rubbed his arm. "What the hell?!"

I ignored the beta and I looked at the girl that he had pinned down. She had shifted into her human form and now I was looking at a beautiful girl. Her eyes were closed and long lashes were caressing her cheekbones. She had a dainty nose and her small lips were parted. I gently picked her up bridal style, being careful to not harm her and not to wake her up. I nuzzled my head into her neck and I caught sent of the crimson pack on her.

I immediately tensed.

She couldn't be my mate! Especially if she was from the Crimson pack!  Even if I accept her, my whole pack would eat her alive.

I then decided that the best thing to do was to take her to the cells.

It hurt me to do it, but it had to be done. I slowly  locked the cell door and shoved the key in my pocket. "I'm sorry, my baby." I whispered as I walked away.

XXX
Edited 09|10|2016