Chapter 1

Jade

I slowly opened my eyes, but  I quickly shut them because it felt like I had been blinded my the light coming in my room.  I yawned as I slowly sat up while stretching my back and arms. I pulled off the covers and the cold air nipped at my skin. I climbed out of bed and sleepily walked to the bathroom.  I turned on the lights and I looked in the mirror, "Yay! Bed head!" I cheered sarcastically at my reflection in the mirror.

My red hair was a mess. I pulled out a brush and brushed all the evil knots out. I began washing my face, and then I picked out a outfit. Something comfy. I was going to hear about it from Winter, the alpha's mate, but I didn't really care. I pulled on some light blue jeans, a black tank top and some socks, as I was just eating breakfast. I opened my door and got greeted by most of the pack members.I murmured a 'good morning' back. I finally got down stairs and I could basically feel Winter shoot me a glare from across the room. I hated Winter with a passion.

She was my brothers mate but was also super full of herself. She was a terrible Luna and I think she wants me dead. Or gone. Either way I don't like her at all. I maneuvered my way to my seat at the table. I my seat is next to Jack, my brother, and Winter sits on the other side of him.

My brother, the alpha of the pack stood up. "Attention everyone." Every one stopped talking and looked up at him. "Tomorrow night we are going to attack the mountain heart pack." Everyone either gasped or howled and then started the whispering.

What was he thinking?

The last time we attacked, we came back with less than half of our pack and our parents died.

I could feel the anger building up inside of me. How could he do this? He's freaking insane! I stood up, "Jack!This is a mistake! Remember what happened last time we challenged them? People died! We lost more than half our pack, and the people that still remember the war don't come out if there rooms! They're traumatized! Jack, they killed our parents!" I exclaimed. That hurt him. I could tell from his pained expression. "More the reason to attack!" he yelled. The pack growled and howled in agreement to their alpha. I was hurt. I don't know what hurt more, the fact that Jack didn't listen to me or the truth that our whole pack will get killed.

Goddess help us.

XXX
Edited: 09|10|2016