Chapter 7

Jade

A few hours later, we woke up and got ready. That was after Jude practically begged me to lay in bed with him for longer. I finally managed to get out of his hold. I pulled on a long sleeve off the shoulder shirt, a pair of jeans and a pair of white flats with black bows on them. The whole outfit was from a girl that was willing to lend me a few things until I went shopping with Jude. I twisted my hair into a messy bun and put on some make-up. I was never allowed to wear make-up in my old pack,  only if someone important was coming.

I took my time with the make-up and then finally after I was happy with my appearance, I walked out of the room. I was practically dying of starvation, so I went downstairs and into the kitchen. I was busy frying some eggs when a girl came up behind me. Her butt was almost hanging out of her dress, her face was caked in make-up and her shoes were way to high. "Stay away!" She hissed at me. "What?" I looked at her with a questioning gaze. "Stay away from Jude, he's not your mate, plus he wouldn't like a skimpy person like you." she said with pure disgust lacing her every word. "You'd never be a good Luna anyway, you're not even pretty, slut." She said almost innocently.

With that, she smirked and strutted out of the kitchen. She reminded me too much of Winter. As I finished making my eggs, her words kept repeating in my head. It was like the bathroom incident all over again.

I'm not good enough.

I ran out of the pack house, I didn't care where I went. I just needed to get out. I shifted into my pitch  black wolf, her name was Midnight.

'Let me take over.' Midnight told me.
I let her take control and I smiled internally as the wind blew through my fur.

We sprinted for what felt like eternity, and neither of us minded. We needed the freedom. I had slowed down in the middle of the forest. I looked up at the night sky and saw millions of stars. It began raining, so I dropped my clothes on the ground, shifted back into my human form and I hopped back into my clothes.

I slowly walked back in the general direction of the pack house. I walked inside of the house, and it was quiet.

They must be eating.

Midnight agreed with me and we walked into the dining room. Everyone stopped what they were doing when they saw me enter.

I glanced around the room nervously and I saw something I never wanted to see in a million years. That girl with the super short dress was busy kissing my mate's cheek. She noticed that I was watching them, and she kissed him on the lips. I felt the tears well up in my eyes. He kissed her back.

I ran away to Mary's room, as she was the only person who would allow me to stay in her room. I sat down on the bed and I drowned in my tears.

  XXX
Edited 10|10|2016